The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labor and Liberal

Labor and Liberal

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I have stopped listening to Mr Albanese.
He is not making sense.
Especially when he talks about 'the voice'.
I find myself being smothered in smoke and confused by mirrors.

Just who are these people who need this extra advantage he talks about?
Where do they live?
Do they have a committee or other body which represents them all?
I think not.
The truth is they are a few persons, lightly scattered throughout australia, who offer no consistent policy.

And a change to the Constitution?
That should only be done when there are profound aspects of life being considered.
To create, instead, a division amongst the population because of racial background?
That is almost criminal?

Mr Albanese also makes it sound as if these persons have been here forever, and have greater entitlement because of that.
But it is not so.
I have been here longer than most of them.
Compared to me, they are new kids on the block.
My longer life here should entitle me to greater privilege?

And the flag?
We are one nation under one flag.
Why do I see two flags quite often?
Why is a minority allowed to display a flag as it does?

My own observations indicate that these persons already enjoy the most amazing advantages.
And I have a hole in my fence to show this is so.
It is very clear that the tail is wagging the dog.
That is WRONG and ABSURD.
So if Labor can't get it right, the Liberals must step in.

It is time for The Liberals to LEAD.
Time to pursue policies which are LOGICAL, rather than those which placate a restless electorate.
Time to say 'enough it enough'.
Appeasement never works.

So Liberals must stop the dilly-dallying, and say it like it is.
Stop the nonsense before it gets out of hand.
Labor seems incapable of doing so.
And I say again: appeasement never works!

I realise few will read these words, but they had to be said.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Thursday, 30 March 2023 12:32:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ipso fatso,
Hole in one ! And, as I stated in another thread, what doesn't get a mention ever is the effort required to produce the things the Indigenous are demanding from the descendants of the colonisers.
This acknowledging the elders past, present & future & acknowledging of country never includes any acknowledgement of the facilities in which many of the activists roam & make demands. I have only extremely rarely heard of Indigenous acknowledging the effort made by non-indigenous to provide Health facilities, sporting facilities, cheap or even free travel, Art facilities, media facilities etc etc etc.
The "Gap" will not close if the activists don't want to close it ! Perpetual blame by activists is the biggest stumbling block on the path to reconciliation. The activists who are the architects of the VOICE are THE cause of constant failure in making the relationship work !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 31 March 2023 10:16:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just VOTE NO to the Voice. Don't waste time pondering it. It is evil and a threat to democracy. The political class - Liberals, Labor, whoever, are also a threat to democracy; emboldened by the pathetic obedience to lockdowns, masks and vaccines, they are now getting ready to take away our liberties again in the name of the mythical 'climate emergency'.

Did you know that the WEF had plans for attacks on our freedoms long before Covid?

Did you know that seemingly benign governments - globally - with the help of the likes of Bill Gates, Big Pharma, the WEF etc, had a scenario for, and plan ready two years before Covid was even heard of?

Of course you didn't. You can't read, or won't read, and you have your heads stuck up your bums.

We, the people, are supposed to call the tune in a democracy, but we have handed the job over to incompetent, self-serving and corrupt thugs called politicians, and to an unelected expertocracy that thinks it know what is best for us.

Just voting every three years for the same rubbish isn't going to change a thing. Those of you young enough and smart enough are going to come up with with something better. My generation won't be here to give a s..t.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 31 March 2023 10:47:40 AM
Ipso Fatso

It was with interest I read your comment, so I draw your attention to an article written by Vern Gowdie along the same lines that you express. You might like to read it here published by the Daily Reckoning.
https://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/the-voice-another-thin-edge-to-say-no-to/2023/03/28/
Posted by snake, Friday, 31 March 2023 10:54:26 AM
Here we go again, the same old, same old, banging on about the 'Voice', not since this mob told us the sky will fall in if gay marriage is approved, fellas the sky is still where its always been, have we had such a concerted effort by the same old, same old, to discredit a worthwhile proposal.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 31 March 2023 12:10:59 PM
Thank you for the link. It was informative, even though a bit negative. I think the writer was letting off steam with a rush.
But the facts he quoted are enlightening.
It confirms what I have thought for a longish time. That an exorbitant amount of money is being spent on just a few persons.
If and when the general population realises this, they might have a change of mind on how to vote.
The hip pocket is a very sensitive area.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Friday, 31 March 2023 12:12:01 PM
Just another thought or two....
In this kind of forum we should welcome alternate views?
That is the whole purpose of the site?
To deride the efforts of those who put forward a different view is a bit narrow minded?
We don't want to choke off healthy discussion?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Friday, 31 March 2023 12:22:29 PM
snake

Good article. Ronald Reagan said a couple of interesting things about government - the scariest thing to hear is, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help' (or words to that effect); and he also said that the problems the governments try to fix are ones that they caused in the first place.

Best example of the latter is the Albanese government's idea to spend our money to ease the increasing electricity price rises caused by the same Albanese government via its climate/renewables madness.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 31 March 2023 12:32:54 PM
The Indigenous would be far better off to rid themselves of the activists & do-gooders whose only link to the indigenous are their claims to be indigenous.
The real Indigenous who want a better deal realise that it's those activists blocking every move !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 31 March 2023 1:32:11 PM
Greg Craven, lawyer described as a supporter of the Voice, has now described it as, “fatally flawed ruthless con job”
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 31 March 2023 5:39:41 PM
Hey ttbn,
"It is evil and a threat to democracy."
- I'm starting to think that the only thing 'democracy' is interested in is new leaders every few years to promote even greater climate change impositions and gay and trans and immigrants rights.

Oh and maybe wasting money on things we don't need to boost corporate profits and increase inflation for the average Joe.

'Diversity' is a lie, it's a trick, a scam.
They don't care about other nations, peoples or cultures, they want all nations and cultures to be the same woke culture everywhere the whole world over, and they go to war with nations people and cultures that don't agree.

You know what I found out today?
China being communist doesn't go through all this endless electoral crap and the stuff listed above.
Instead of that they have a more long term approch to things.
They are interested in trade and business and where the west is interested in the next election, they're interested in the next generation.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 31 March 2023 7:50:38 PM
Why is that all would be Dictators are constantly bleating Democracy ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 31 March 2023 9:54:23 PM
You know what the foundation of democracy is indyvidual?
- That would be sovereignty.

What countries have sovereignty?
Certainly not EU countries, they're all vassal states who's laws are decided in Brussels
Probably not western countries except the US, who lord over all other with threats, blackmail, regime change and military intervention
Do we have democracy, with our US lapdog status, and subservience to UN treaties?

Maybe you think the 2 party system is a good form of domocracy?
Look at the 2 drongos we've got Albo and Dutton
You think they're the best the country has on offer?
What countries are ruled with the best interests of their citizens
The worlds just one big shite-show.
- Clown world.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 1 April 2023 8:06:04 AM
If you don't know by now that Albanese, Dutton and all aspiring dictators have no interest in democracy, or you, or Australia, then we are going down. You might think that these people, because they speak English - not Russian, German, Chinese etc - and that they look like the rest of us and can be trusted, then you are wrong.

If you think that democracy itself does not stem from Christianity, and that it can exist without Christianity, then you are wrong again. You don't have to be a full blown Christian or a half-arsed Christian to get that fact. Even if you are an atheist, you cannot escape that fact.

And, in Australia, people are turning their backs on Christianity. Not just turning their backs: they are vilifying Christianity, sneering at it, hating it, and demanding that it be thrown aside because it is not 'adjusting' to crazy 21st Century mayhem. Beliefs and values that were normal and mainstream until just a very short while ago, are now condemned and mocked. The result is bloody obvious.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 1 April 2023 8:39:35 AM
I could have added that no one has any 'rights' unless such rights are guaranteed by the state.
Rights are really basic needs which are enforced by whichever governing body controls a society.
It does this to give everybody a 'fair go'?
So whoever you are, you only have 'rights' because the 'state' says you have.
If the state fails, your rights go out the window.
No one can be separate from the 'state' in which he lives.
No one can live in his own little world.
He relies on the state for his freedoms.

And I note there are posts here which paint the world around us distinctly black.
I don't see that as the truth.
It is true we are not all on the same page.
It is true we often try to go in different directions.
But there is enough uniformity of purpose to maintain steady progress.
The world we live in now is massively different from that of say 150 years ago.
Transport, medical, communication are all greatly enhanced.
That was no accident.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Sunday, 2 April 2023 3:03:44 PM
Anyone can have so-called rights taken away at any time. Rights are a load of waffle. Look at the rights we had taken away from us during the Covid panic. We are all supposed to have the right to life - except if someone decides to kill us. Rights are bullshite.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 2 April 2023 3:23:48 PM
NO NO and NO again. No one has pointed out the current massive industry called the Aboriginal Industry which is run by a few people who tend to look after themselves very well.
How will 20 or 30 people look after 300 odd different “tribes” who in many cases have been and still are at war with each other. Lawyers will be rubbing their hands in glee as numerous court cases are brought forward over years to come because this “unelected controlling group” did not get their way. All politicians should heed the current ABC song “We are one” as a yes vote will do anything but make this country “We are one” NO, NO, NO is the only choice to have.
Posted by GBC, Monday, 3 April 2023 9:29:43 AM
Back in the sixties, we got rid of a section of the constitution which treated some people differently because of their racial background?
Theoretically, we all became one?
Now some 'do-gooders', with a warped sense of reality, want to re-introduce a concept where racial background is significant again.
Why do they look for a way to 'mess up' a perfectly good and practical system?
Do they lie awake at night dreaming up these schemes?
Haven't they 'got anything better to do'?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 3 April 2023 12:47:21 PM
Haven't they 'got anything better to do'?
Ipso Fatso,
Apart from voting Labor, no !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 3 April 2023 6:14:11 PM
I thought I might add a few thoughts about Mr Dutton, as he has been in the news a bit lately.
Mr Dutton has drive, he has determination, he wants to get there.
But, simply put, he doesn't have the mind of a leader?
He doesn't seem to have statesmanlike qualities either.
A leader needs intelligence and VISION.
A leader needs awareness and imagination.
Those around him will then be naturally supportive of him.
Does Mr Dutton have these qualities?
It appears he might lack them?
If he is hiding them, it is about time to trot them out?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 4 April 2023 11:20:35 AM
Ipso Fatso

I don't know about hidden qualities, but its about time Mr Dutton trotted out permanently, Exit stage right!

Dud Dutton joined the coppers with the rank of Constable Clod, ten years later he was out, still with the rank of Constable Clod. As for leadership and drive, determination, this bloke couldn't lead a team of footy players into a boozer on a Friday night pub crawl.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 4 April 2023 11:54:01 AM
Apart from having no obvious leadership qualities, Dutton has shown that he has no business presenting himself as an alternative to Albanese because he did not come out against the Voice immediately. He still hasn't made up his mind.

An opposition is supposed to give us an alternative, not to be a carbon copy of the government, which the Liberals pretty much are these days. We may as well have a one party state here. Politics is just a job to these people and we, the people who pay their way, don't get a say in the applicants, who just have to pick the right faction in a corrupt pre-selection process.

Just a job, and they don't need any particular qualifications, skills or brains to get it.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 4 April 2023 12:48:29 PM
Thank you Paul1405.
I knew there must be humour buried somewhere in these pages.
And you showed it to me.
Best smile I have had all week.
It painted bizarre pictures in my mind.
I didn't realise he was that nimble of foot.
Or that he could be so entertaining.
Is that his next vocation I wonder?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 4 April 2023 12:55:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy