The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Bomb that failed to detonate

The Bomb that failed to detonate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear mhaze,

Numbers mate, they really are confusing as always for you aren't they. The fact that India has now overtaken China who in the mid 70s had just doubled its population to a billion in the preceding 30 years and brought in a raft of measures to combat it.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/what-if/what-if-china-never-had-one-child-policy.htm

And please study up on how a population can still increase despite a sharply declining fertility rate to below 2. It really isn't that hard a concept.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 30 March 2023 9:49:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What do our politicians and public servants do all day ?
With 650,000 migrants coming every year, when the politicians
asked the public service to start issuing visa in some country or other
did anyone pick up a calculator and think it through ?
I know the politicians are too STUPID to be able to use a calculator
let alone do it with a pencil and paper !

650,000 / 365 = 1780 a day are going to arrive mostly in Sydney & Melbourne.
That means about six additional 380 flights a day, or each way 12
380 flights a day both ways, every day all year round.
Are there that many aircraft available ? It gets worse !

Walking out the doors of the two airports will be an extra 890 people.
Good business for taxi drivers. Where will these people be heading ?
A percentage will have relatives picking them up but most will have
prebooked hotel accomodation while they look for somewhere to live.
Will the hotels be able to cope with 1700 new arrivals EVERY day ?
They may have to stay in the hotels for a week or two until they
understand that there is almost no rental accommodation available.
They will need jobs but how will centrelink handle 1700 new job seekers
EVERY day.

Then of course those with money may want to buy a house, or want a bank loan,
Can builders erect houses at the rate of say 600 houses a day EVERY day !
They are flat out doing it for the people already here.

Now you see why my question "What do they do all day ?
They certainly don't work things out before hand.
Frankly they should all be sacked if they had anything to do with this mad scheme !
Did someone ask these questions in Question Time ?
I doubt if the opposition could understand the implications.
After all with the Labour & Greens they were party to shutting down
and blowing up power stations before the replacement generation was in place !
Gauwd help us !
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 30 March 2023 10:05:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry mhaze I understand that you have a lot of data to back yourself up- but my understanding is the Malthusian principle is somewhat based on the idea that it's easier to be irresponsible than responsible- to me this sounds reasonable- and so I revert to the principle that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Perhaps mhaze is saying that there isn't a Malthusian disaster in the west and perhaps that's more correct- as the wests population is more stable- except for certain immigrant populations. We have just passed 8 billion people in the world on target with predictions- we are likely to reach 9 billion in 13 years about 2036- and 10 billion by 2050.

Resource scarcity appears to have returned with a vengence.

Some groups perhaps irresponsibly- have been claiming that population is due for a catastrophic decline but fail to consider that humans unlike animals have the ability to adjust their trajectory- I believe that population is too high and needs to return to under 2 billion. Chaos theory borrows from population dynamics- in the case of higher R values > 2 frequency doubling and population instability occurs. There's also the Mouse Utopia experiments.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 31 March 2023 3:33:43 AM
If the population is too high in India then maybe those wanting to have children need to go into a lottery until when someone dies- maybe for every two deaths. Maybe it could be done on a family basis because some families are more responsible than others. Anyway sovereignty says that this is India's business but they should solve it- not pass the buck to some other nation such as Australia or South East Asia. There have already been riots in Thailand as I understand.

In 2003 half of India's population was under the age of 15- in 1950 the population was 700 million- now the population is 1.4 Billion- they knew what they were doing- a population arms race fueled by guilt- these children are now forming their own families- and they are realizing that India is being crushed by their over abundance and lack of planning. Do they have enough courage to solve the problem themselves? Or will they show themselves as incompetent?
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 31 March 2023 3:47:54 AM
It wasn't until about 1910 that tractor mechanization started in food production as I understand.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 31 March 2023 3:53:30 AM
Holy crap, the worlds really going crazy this week.
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=10091&page=0#346289
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 31 March 2023 7:15:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy