The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > World Pride Sydney 2023

World Pride Sydney 2023

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Over the next 17 days Sydney Mardi Gras and Sydney WorldPride unite to present a truly global LGBTQIA+ pride festival – the very first in the Southern Hemisphere. 2023 is an important year for Australia's LGBTQI+ communities, it marks Australia’s 50th anniversary of the first Gay Pride Week, the 45th anniversary of the first Mardi Gras Parade, and 5th year anniversary of Australian marriage equality.

Its great to see that most Australians have moved on from the dark old days when gay and lesbian people were stigmatised and persecuted by haters and bigots. Over the next couple of weeks Australians will unit to celebrate our brothers and sisters of the LGBTQI+ community. Not to mention the millions of dollars the festival will add to the Sydney economy.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 18 February 2023 6:43:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Absolutely disgusting! And there is no evidence that "most people" have "moved on" and accepted this disgusting nonsense because the thugs have got them too frightened to say anything against the weirdos, perverts and the ideologues using the poor fools poncing about with Ockernese.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 18 February 2023 9:45:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Over the next couple of weeks Australians will unite to celebrate our brothers and sisters of the LGBTQI+ community."

SOME Australians will unite.
Certainly not all, which actually means the word 'unite' is somewhat overstated.

'Tolerate', is different to 'celebrate'.
I'm glad I don't live in that part of town.
I'd have to find somewhere else to live for the next 3 weeks.

- I couldn't cop seeing the whole local community being turned into into a debauched gay-bar. Yuck.
Drunken gay and trans people yelling and yahooin all night long for 3 weeks straight.

They're forcing this upon residents who may oppose it.
Can't the queer-brigade just go and set up in some cow-paddock in the middle of nowhere like other festivals do instead of giving local residents who oppose it no choice?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 18 February 2023 12:39:37 PM
Dear Paul,

I would love to be in Sydney for this. There's such
a wide choice of events, performances, and artists performing.
There's one event that I'd especially like to attend -
its to be held at the Art Gallery of NSW - it sounds interesting
with so many artist commissions. There's also quite a few
plays that sound interesting - on different themes. Then of course
there's the Gay Pride Parade down Oxford Street with 12,000
marchers, and 200+ floats. It should be spectacular.

Anyway I'll be watching as much as I can on TV.
If I was more mobile - I'd definitely go.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 18 February 2023 1:36:27 PM
Hi Paul,

Here's a link to the events:

http://sydneyworldpride.com/events/
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 18 February 2023 2:59:06 PM
ttbn,

"Absolutely disgusting! And there is no evidence that "most people" have "moved on"" Of course people like you are still rooted in your 1950's mentality, loaded up with your hate filled prejudices. No worries you are irrelevant in your ever diminishing cohort.

Hi Foxy, some great events there, and its good to see people of difference can come out and showcase what they have to offer to the community in so many diverse fields. And of course have fun at the same time.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 18 February 2023 3:45:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy