The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Balibo' cover-up: a film’s travesty of omissions > Comments

'Balibo' cover-up: a film’s travesty of omissions : Comments

By John Pilger, published 21/8/2009

The Australian government’s complicity in the journalists’ murder and East Timor bloodbath has been cut almost entirely from the film 'Balibo'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
I just learnt of another Australian citizen who has been treated so magnificently by the Indonesian and Australian governments and our newsmedia --- Schapelle Corby.

If I was a conspiracy nut, which, notwithstanding a few ill-informed comments above, I assure everyone I am not, I would be driven to ask such inane questions as:

What rightminded person would take 4.1 kg of cannabis worth $30,000 in Australia to Bali, where it is worth $5,000?

Why did the Indonesian police never take proper fingerprint samples from inside the bag that Schapelle Corby was supposed to have put inside her boogie board bag?

Why was the cannabis which Schapelle Corby was supposed to have been smuggled into Indonesia from Australia never tested to determine where it had been grown?

Why was all the cannabis destroyed before it could be tested?

Why did the Indonesian police never try to discover to whom Schapelle was going to deliver the cannabis in Bali?

Why did the Australian police never try to discover the origins of the cannabis in Australia?

Whatever anyone does, don't visit the sites http://www.freeschapelle.com.au http://www.freeschapelle.net or you may find yourself troubled by all manner of irrational doubts about the integrity of the Indonesian and Australian justice systems.
Posted by daggett, Sunday, 6 September 2009 12:46:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Most Indonesians know that Horta, as well as Carrascallao, were the true political opportunists. Too bad he survived the attempt on his life couple years (or was it last year?).
This movie should have taken into considerations accounts from Indonesian 'independent' sources, not to say that the Suharto regime was 'spotless' back then. Australia (its corporations) jumped in due to prospects of oil, it's widely known, even among Australians, if we're all being honest.
One thing that sadden me, glorification of Horta, which is out of place, and out of the truth.
Posted by BumAround, Wednesday, 23 September 2009 5:19:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy