The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Withhold fake documentary from screening > Comments

Withhold fake documentary from screening : Comments

By Kamal Fadel, published 10/7/2009

In the so-called documentary 'Stolen' truth has only a walk on part at best

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I saw the film and I'm sure that's where I saw that; would have no other possible source for that sort of info. Perhaps you were too busy seething or trying to find fault and you missed it.

As to Hose Ramos Horta, until recently I had regarded him as a saint like figure who could do or say no wrong. While some of what he says still makes sense to me, I have revised my opinion. I now see him as flawed a human being as anyone else, and my comment reflects this.

I see that others have also revised their opinions of Hose Ramos Horta.
Posted by Wal, Sunday, 26 July 2009 11:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wal,

I don’t think Dr. Ramos-Horta would care about your position since you can’t even spell his name correctly!

If you’re so sure about your claim can you indicate which scene in the film you’re talking about?
Posted by Fay, Monday, 27 July 2009 11:09:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fay

If Jose is such a humanitarian I doubt he'll hold a little mispelling against me.

As to which scene said that Fetim was taken from her mother because they were slaves, I'm sorry I don't have a copy I can refer to. I thought it was fairly early on though.
Posted by Wal, Monday, 27 July 2009 11:52:13 PM
Wal,

Dr. Ramos-Horta is a man of peace and reconciliation. He has forgiven Indonesians who killed members of his own family and thousands of his people.

So I think he can forgive a mere blogger defending a useless film.

I thought you were sure of your allegations but now you're now claiming you don't have a copy of the film! I don't believe you. Such an avid defender of the film is likely to have a copy.
Posted by Fay, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 1:03:18 AM
Just because I defend a film that I like and believe is worthwhile, is no indication that I'm so privileged as to own a personal copy of it.

Stolen hasn't been released on DVD YET. When it is I'll be sure to buy a copy.

Or maybe you've been thinking all this while that I'm one of the film makers or a close associate. Sorry, you're mistaken.
Posted by Wal, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 7:25:23 AM
Wal,

I am sure the filmmakers can afford to send you a copy you’re a fan and a staunch defender of their film. Unless the film never gets released or the filmmakers found themselves bankrupt.

In any case when you get your treasured copy come back and let us know which scene you’re talking about.
Posted by Fay, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 5:08:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy