The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Don't patronise ladies who raunch > Comments

Don't patronise ladies who raunch : Comments

By Nina Funnell, published 26/2/2009

Patronising and judgmental, the matrons in 'Ladette to Lady' obviously missed the memo on distasteful snobbery.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Panthos-: No individual can survive easily without the support of a non hostile group or community around them usually called tribes although the academics prefer the word ethnic as it fits in with their more politically correct idea of the brotherhood of man.(but that’s a whole other debate). When I had my children I wasn’t even thinking of things like that, I was into the whole love and marriage and have children fairytale. Many years later I can see that I followed the programming of nature as all species do. The programme laid down for survival of the species. You either choose children or you choose to become a dying race and hand the sovereignty of your country to others.
Posted by sharkfin, Wednesday, 4 March 2009 7:55:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry should have been Pantho forgot to delete the s.
Posted by sharkfin, Wednesday, 4 March 2009 8:27:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Many years later I can see that I followed the programming of nature as all species do.*

Well exactly, often it has little to do with choosing, everything
to do with genes and hormones dominating. People have kids to
satisfy their hormonal/genetic needs and urges, so are acting
out of self interest.

But lets get things straight. wether sharkfin had kids or not,
hardly matters in the bigger scheme of things. With the planet
increasing by 80 million people a year, your two or three really
don't matter.

What we do know from basic evolution theory is that if a species
keeps multipling unsustainably and the environment becomes overloaded,
poof, nature will eventually sort it out with one big thud.

With 6.5 billion humans rising to 9 billion, the species is hardly
at the point of extinction, far more likely to end with a thud,
due to overstressing the environment.

Then it will be back to cockroaches and ants thriving, as the
planet keeps spinning.

We humans will have been a mere blip in the history of planet earth.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 4 March 2009 9:21:29 PM
It seems that sharkfin is saying that women should not behave raunchly because it would harm their prospects of becoming mothers and we need mothers to produce kids so that we will have someone to look after us in our old age.

Shouldn't each woman be free to choose to have children or not? Is her life worthless unless she has produced offspring? Is it not better to have a society based on freedom of choice than on the fear of growing old? If freedom of choice means that we have no one to care for us when we are old then too bad. I don't think anyone owes me care. I have no right to anyone's care. If they give it as a gift or in return for wages well fair enough but it is not my right. People should not care out of guilt or because that is why they were brought into the world. You cannot dictate to anyone how they will live their life.
Posted by phanto, Thursday, 5 March 2009 12:18:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy