The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The story of Kuntoro Mangkusubroto - working as the hands of God > Comments

The story of Kuntoro Mangkusubroto - working as the hands of God : Comments

By Duncan Graham, published 24/12/2008

Four years ago this Boxing Day a massive undersea earthquake off Aceh triggered a tsunami. It was a scene from Armageddon.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Any theories as to why God made the tsunami in the first place? Oh, that's right - hundreds of thousands died so that nice guys like Kuntoro could demonstrate how saintly they are...
Posted by Jon J, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 12:18:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jon J

The amazing thing is God's mercy not judgement. The fact that you are allowed to demonstrate your arrogance and ignorance is testimony to that.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 1:34:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear John J

"Romans 9:14-18"

Have a nice Christmas and hope your family are well.
Posted by Polycarp, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 7:20:07 PM
Dear Polycarp,

Why do you believe that citing a verse from the Bible is going to impress me any more than simply saying what you think? You might as well spell it out and save us heathens the trouble of looking it up. But here it is for the record...

"What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!"

Well, that's certainly convincing! Changed my views completely, that has...

Runner, if you believe that I am ignorant, now is your chance to educate me. Explain to me why it is that God gets all the credit for doing good stuff but somehow dodges all the blame for doing bad stuff. It's called the Problem of Evil, you know, and it's probably the main reason why the proportion of Australians who call themselves Christians has declined by 10% over the last ten years. Sort that one out and you'll have done a wonderful service for your religion...
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 25 December 2008 4:40:48 AM
Jon J

You ask 'Explain to me why it is that God gets all the credit for doing good stuff but somehow dodges all the blame for doing bad stuff.'

How is it that you suddenly believe in good and evil (absolutes)? Who are you to say what is good and what is evil. In some cultures cannibalism was looked up to as good.

You are ignorant of the evil of your own heart as displayed by your arrogant remarks towards your Creator. To think that God would send His Son to die a horrible death for your rottenness is beyond comprehension. Thankfully their are many that respond to His kindness.

It is not so much that God gets all the credit for doing the good stuff and dodges the blame for the bad stuff so much as a puny created being having the audacity to tell Him what is right and wrong. You really don't realise how pathetic you sound to a all knowing God. The likes of Dawkins are nothing short of pathetic, blinded by their own hypocritical dogmas
Posted by runner, Thursday, 25 December 2008 8:50:56 PM
It is not about being saintly as other would say but merely someone who willing to work extremely hard for his country. In addition, post disaster rebuilding is so hard that even the mighty United States were not as successful
Posted by bowo, Friday, 26 December 2008 12:39:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy