The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What's wrong with 'Islamophobia' > Comments

What's wrong with 'Islamophobia' : Comments

By Nick Haslam, published 23/12/2008

Prejudice flourishes among people who are cold, callous, inflexible, closed-minded and conventional.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. ...
  14. 33
  15. 34
  16. 35
  17. All
For those who keep posting about Cronulla Beach which I fondly refer to as, "Cronulla Day", where not just 'White Australians' protested against Islamic Violence and treacherous politicians, but people of many origins including Maoris, Aboriginals, Chinese, etc where all there together.

In fact, I remember a Sydney newspaper with a headline calling them white racists, only to have right underneath a photo of a young Maori or Pacific Islander man holding a sign calling for Muslims to leave. Now that is one funny looking white supremecist.

Australia has held out their arms and shown their hospitality and like in they have done throughout Europe, responded with violence.
Posted by Spider, Monday, 5 January 2009 12:57:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benjam1n: "NATURE REWARDS THOSE WHO AREN'T BIGOTS, LIKE EUROPEANS."

Well, I guess you're screwed then.

Bummer.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 5 January 2009 1:33:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
meredith,

I'm quite prepared to discuss Israel and the Palestinians at length,as I have already, however it's OT here. What I think is relevant is the mistaken notion that my enemy's enemy is automatically my friend, definitely not in Israel's case. Uncritical support of Israel and devaluation of the Palestinians as human beings undermines the West's political arguments (against Islamisation) which after all, are based on human rights principles.
Posted by mac, Monday, 5 January 2009 1:56:09 PM
Mac.

No probs, all I am saying is a lot of Israels support from the world has nothing to do with disliking Islam... It's the WW2 resolution for many people.

Actually may as well use the post to go on and voice the point that it's NOT islama-prejuphobic to care for Israels survival..
Posted by meredith, Monday, 5 January 2009 2:07:48 PM
Instead of sending medical aid to the Palestinians, the Malay Muslims in Indonesia are calling for a “holy war” against Israel. This is the typical imprisoned mentality of the non-Arab Muslim response when their Muslim-ARAB masters are in trouble, but remain quiet when Indonesian Muslim maids are regularly raped by their Muslim-Arab masters.

The fight between Palestine and Israel is strictly a localised affair and yet Muslims the world over are getting emotional over Israel’s legitimate self-defence.

Perhaps nil-observer can put on a turban, grow a beard and lead a camel-cavalry charge against the Israeli tanks shouting ‘allah u akhbar’

http://news.id.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1956980
Posted by Philip Tang, Monday, 5 January 2009 3:55:05 PM
Mil-observer

An Arab ex-Muslim (Ibrahim Lone) writes about Islam, in particular Wahabism is the philosophy of the Superiority of Arabs.

“Wahhabism reiterates the same philosophy which the Prophet of Islam had brought about to the 1400 years ago. The philosophy of the Superiority of the Arabs. Before we proceed further, let us understand what Wahhabism is not about. Wahhabism is not about religion, its not about spirituality or God, it is about the superiority of the Arabs over all other nations.”
http://www.islam-watch.org/Ibrahim.Lone/Wahhabism-Foundations-and-Dangers.htm

A Malaysian Muslim Syed Akbar Ali published a book in which he argues that countries with a Muslim majority population have collapsed economically, politically and socially.

With a particular focus on Malaysia, the thesis of the book is that growing Islamisation of the political and social climate in Islamic countries are causing democracy and freedom to be threatened by religious irrationalism. He showed how the curtailing of democracy and freedom of speech have caused those countries to collapse.

http://www.thai-blogs.com/index.php/2006/12/03/malaysia_and_the_club_of_doom_the_collap?blog=17
Posted by Philip Tang, Tuesday, 6 January 2009 4:11:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26