The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So, where are all these Christians? > Comments

So, where are all these Christians? : Comments

By Peter Grimley, published 21/10/2008

There is a wealth of wisdom in the Gospels, if you just ignore the stuff about gods and angels, heaven, hell and demons.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Bushbred, you deserve to have the last word.
Oops...
Posted by Grim, Wednesday, 29 October 2008 8:00:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Postscript: Sorry, and thankyou, KatieO. I wasn't aware of the mistake you picked; that was more a typo, in my book.
The mistake I left was much more fundamental.
"Suffice to say, Samaritans were the enemies of the Jews, yet Jesus advocated loving them, on the basis that not all Samaritans were bad people."
This is a very human, and very wrong, interpretation. "To ere is human, to forgive is divine".
The legendary Jesus, I think, realised the only way to stop the vicious, vicious cycle of retribution and counter retribution, was to not only forgive one's enemies, but to love them -not because they may not be bad people, but because it was the only way for peace.
This is a big big ask, and clearly beyond our 2 tame christian contributors to these threads; nevertheless it is absolutely necessary.
Does anyone doubt for one second, that George Bush's retaliation has only caused more hatred, more desire for revenge, more excuse for conflict?
My thanks to everyone for an interesting argument, Cheers, grim.
Posted by Grim, Wednesday, 29 October 2008 8:27:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy