The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s time to privatise the ABC > Comments

It’s time to privatise the ABC : Comments

By Felicity McMahon, published 8/8/2007

We have a national broadcaster that is the mouthpiece of the left for which all taxpayers are forced to foot the bill.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. 16
  17. All
But isn't the ABC owned by the BBC? Given the British warehouse-sale trash our ABC serves up I'm sure it is.
Posted by PeterJH, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:19:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come on love, just who the heck do you think would buy the place.

With every dead head journo in the country on their payroll, its a catastrophe. Its also unlikely to get a chance to improve, if Labor gets in. They will reintroduce the "you can't sack anyone, no matter how hopeles they are" law, & nobody could ever make it pay.

Just write off the best part of a billion dollars as unemployment benefits for the trendy twits.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:19:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col Rouge. You are obviously a "Big Brother" fan, and into shock jock radio.

Bet you hated the BBC when you lived there!
Posted by Kipp, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:24:40 PM
Hasbeen,

"Deadhead Journos"? You mean they've employed the people behind A Current Affair and Today Tonight? Or maybe they've bought the rights to 60 Minutes?

How many serious stories have been broken on 4 corners? How many serious stories have been broken on Today Tonight? And please, this weeks "Fat Kids/Dodgy Builders/Scary [INSERT IMMIGRANT GROUP]/Dole Bludger" story does not count as a "serious story"
Posted by James Purser, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:34:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, that went over like a lead balloon, eh Felicity? Care to try again with a little more substance and a little less biased rhetoric?
Posted by chainsmoker, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:49:17 PM
James has a point there hasbeen. Name a better example on the commercial networks, because quite frankly, from where I'm sitting the ABC does a far better job than its counterparts.

If you can't, I can only assume you've got nothing but a dislike of either the ABC or journalists in general.
I'm inclined to dismiss empty arguments such as that.

To those who support the ABC being privatised, I ask - show me the examples of superior journalism in the private sector.

Otherwise, I can't see any reasons to take their view any more seriously than the ravings of Today Tonight.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 4:51:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11