The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s time to privatise the ABC > Comments

It’s time to privatise the ABC : Comments

By Felicity McMahon, published 8/8/2007

We have a national broadcaster that is the mouthpiece of the left for which all taxpayers are forced to foot the bill.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. All
"I guess when you are so very far to the right, everything else must seem to be on the left." (Quote:Rache).

SPOT ON!!
Posted by Ginx, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 11:23:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think her arguments are quite hot and her appearance quite logical.

Or something like that.

p.s. I'm ashamed of being so male...
Posted by teajay, Thursday, 9 August 2007 1:03:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why perennialy bash the ABC? Of course they lean left with their news, current affairs and occasional dodumentary. This is plain to see and really does not engender argument. Accept it.
Name a MSM or blog site that does not push their own barrow whether it be influenced by gender, politics, race or editorial influence. Their views are their reason for existence, and they are there to promote them.
It's up to us to make our own choices and either pander to your own prejudices to watch or read what you like/agree with, or seek a balance.
Posted by enkew, Thursday, 9 August 2007 6:58:33 AM
It will never be time to privatise the ABC. Ads drive people crazy, and the ABC is the only safe place to save your sanity. Admittedly the ABC can be self-indulgent, but it's all we've got. The only penetrating questions asked of anyone are asked by ABC journalists.
Posted by sparrow, Thursday, 9 August 2007 8:19:12 AM
Johnj - yeah fair call, although I think you will find Stephen O'Doherty found himself far more at home at 2GB (along with people like Brian Wilshire and John Tingle - Shooter's Party) doing talkback than at the ABC, prior to parliament, but anyway, I think enkew is on the money - the ABC is left like the sun rises in the east. Deal with it.

Hey teajay - good call too ;)
Posted by stickman, Thursday, 9 August 2007 9:27:32 AM
The day the ABC is privatised I'll throw my TV set out the window. It won't be of any use to me anymore.
Posted by CitizenK, Thursday, 9 August 2007 9:37:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14