The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s time to privatise the ABC > Comments

It’s time to privatise the ABC : Comments

By Felicity McMahon, published 8/8/2007

We have a national broadcaster that is the mouthpiece of the left for which all taxpayers are forced to foot the bill.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. 16
  14. All
oh, and by the way, I will also seriously consider leaving this country - where all intellectual discourse will have been reduced to sellable commodity.
Posted by CitizenK, Thursday, 9 August 2007 9:48:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am happy for the ABC to continue to promote their left wing bias as long as they don't have the audacity to call themselves neutral.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 August 2007 10:57:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CitizenK, I'm sure what you consider intellectual discourse is the same thing that is considered stuff & nonsense by all REAL people.

If you do decide to leave, after throwing your innocent TV out the window, please let me know. I'm sure I could raise a considerable fund to help pay your way, from others like myself, who would love to get rid of another stuffed shirt.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 9 August 2007 12:53:00 PM
As I've said to the others HasBeen, if you're going to knock the ABC for their intellectual discourse or the quality of their journalism, provide me better examples on the commercial networks.

If you can't, then your arguments come to nothing but grumbling and hot air.

If you've got something to back up your opinion, then post it. I'm pretty confident however, that you don't.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Thursday, 9 August 2007 1:08:13 PM
Good GRief!! WIth a name like McMahon she has to be a member of the Liberal Party - jockeying for preselection it seems as well.

Lets cut to the chase thrill seekers: our lady tells us the ABC is charged with the .... principal function of the ABC is, inter alia, to provide services that inform, educate and entertain all Australians.

She then goes on to bore the reader witless with her score card telling us the Insiders is balanced as is Insiders Business - the Bastard Boys was a crock and Lateline too is a bit unbalanced -

That aint the ABC and the jury remians out as to whether even the current affairs rpeortage ( I love that word ) is bias - what too many consumers forget is you get critised when you do stuff - like a government - oppositions do nothing - if Rudd et al - or any one else other than al thinks they will get a dream run in Government - they are fooling themselves -

Current Affairs is a scintilla of ABC output - lets look at the Philosphers Zone, the State of things, P Adams who interviews every one, the CoodaBeen champions, Roy and H G, Australian Story, Compass, The Arc, all the religious shows - the list is endless, the Media Report, The Book show,Australia Talks, the collectors, Silent Witness,Gardening Austrlia, Netball and Bowls - privatise them and see what happens -FOOLS

Name something on Commercial TV or Radio for that matter that informs and educates to the extent the ABC does - Neil Miitchell, Alan Jones I hear you say - idiots!

If readers want wall to wall Big Brother and Australian Idol - sure privatise the ABC - and you may as well elect Rove McManus as PM - while you're at it
Posted by sneekeepete, Thursday, 9 August 2007 5:27:39 PM
Good GRief!! WIth a name like McMahon she has to be a member of the Liberal Party - jockeying for preselection it seems as well.

Lets cut to the chase thrill seekers: our lady tells us the ABC is charged with the .... principal function of the ABC is, inter alia, to provide services that inform, educate and entertain all Australians.

She then goes on to bore the reader witless with her score card telling us the Insiders is balanced as is Insiders Business - the Bastard Boys was a crock and Lateline too is a bit unbalanced -

That aint the ABC by any stretch - and the jury remians out as to whether even the current affairs rpeortage ( I love that word ) is biased - what too many consumers forget is you get critised when you do stuff - like a government - oppositions do nothing - if Rudd et al - or any one else other than al thinks they will get a dream run in Government - they are fooling themselves -

Current Affairs is a scintilla of ABC output - lets look at the Philosphers Zone, the State of things, P Adams who interviews every one, the CoodaBeen champions, Roy and H G, Australian Story, Compass, The Arc, all the religious shows - the list is endless, the Media Report, The Book show,Australia Talks, the collectors, Silent Witness,Gardening Austrlia, Netball and Bowls - privatise them and see what happens -FOOLS

Name something on Commercial TV or Radio for that matter that informs and educates to the extent the ABC does - Neil Miitchell, Alan Jones I hear you say - idiots!

If readers want wall to wall Big Brother and Australian Idol - sure privatise the ABC - and you may as well elect Rove McManus as PM - while you're at it
Posted by sneekeepete, Thursday, 9 August 2007 5:29:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15