The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > If only MPs were smarter on terror > Comments

If only MPs were smarter on terror : Comments

By Waleed Aly, published 25/7/2007

The Haneef case highlights the difficulties democracies have in responding to terrorism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
For heaven's sake what is wrong with people like 57? There are tens of thousands on nuclear bombs out there pointed all over the face and we yawn about them.

A young doctor tried to save a cousin a few dollars while he studied medicine 12,000 miles away and gave him a phone card and is called a terrorist.

We have slaughtered almost 1 million people in Afghanistan and Iraq in the name of the non-existent war on terror yet we whine on and on about a few hundred white people being killed.

Just today Australian soldiers mowed down an Afghan in his own town and will claim that it is OK because he didn't stop and they will never realise that as the invaders and occupiers they are the terrorists.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 26 July 2007 2:14:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
geez, marilyn, didn't you see the sign at the door: "terrorists bad! ozzies good!"
Posted by DEMOS, Thursday, 26 July 2007 7:15:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah Demo I did."One of the pressures that I haven't spoken about publicly is that one of the investigators dropped dead in the investigation room Monday last week, so the investigation team has been through a very emotional and stressful time," he said.

The investigation into Indian-trained Dr Haneef will be reviewed by the commonwealth Director of Public Public Prosecution (DPP).

Mr Keelty said this should not be taken out of context and the AFP had acted on the advice of the DPP from day one.

But I find this statement from Keelty that the feds were taking advice from the DPP instead of the other way around to add to the claims that they are the keystone kops.

Why was the DPP even interfering let alone giving advice when that would nullify his "case".

And demo. In Iraq and Afghanistan the Ozzies are the terrorists aren't they and we sure have terrorised Dr Haneef.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 26 July 2007 2:58:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marilyn,
Rednecks like 57 are reading from a military bible, they have blinkered vision on war. My Dad who served with honor in WW11 told me something of the horror of war. In his words if politicians or politicians families had to go to the front line, war would be a thing of the past.

We are led by the nose by the USA and do what they say it seems, we have no independence on foreign policy, we just do what we are told. John Curtain was the last PM to take an independent Australian stand, we need allies but we don't need to lose our own identity.

This is another Vietnam, I say bring our men and women of the ADF home until such time as we face a real threat.
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 26 July 2007 3:26:22 PM
Wobbles. Can you give us a link or an approximate date for the Colin Powell announcement you refer to above; I'm genuinely interested.

Marilyn. I suspect you are not on the level. You are possibly a prankster or stirrer; surely "play-acting" a caricature of the classic hysterical lefty. How otherwise to explain fluffing your lines so blatently, when, after claiming to feel for the Iraqis and Afghanis, you refer to the "few hundred white people" killed. Since we all know that Iraqis/Afghanis are white too, then this "slur" could not possibly be for real. The correct line is "a few hundred westerners" or "a few hundred little Eichmanns", but, as even the finest actor can forget the script once in a while, I'll forgive you.

SHONGA. Same for you as Marilyn; saying silly things hoping to stir the pot,eh? OK, here's a good one; my dad was a bushfireman who faced the horrors of the 1939 Victorian Inferno. He reckoned that if politicians and their families had to go to the firefronts, bushfires would be a thing of the past. Looks like BOTH our dads were knuckleheads!

As you know ,all the Coalition troops are volunteers. They "enjoy" the adventure in the same way that mountain climbers enjoy the adventure/danger; in the same way plenty of people drive "dangerously"; they are not "sent" to the horror; they desire to do their duty and are not desiring a Ruddy-type to cuddle them and "help". Most are not afraid (in the standard lefty sense of being timid/weak individuals unable to stand up and be counted). Cheers again....redneck 57 out.
Posted by punter57, Thursday, 26 July 2007 7:44:50 PM
WOBBLY....

you mentioned that Bali was 'retaliation' for the invasion of Afghanistan.
1/ Would you please inform us of how many 'Afghans' were involved in the Bali bombing ?

2/ If there were none, then what was the 'connection' between the Bali Bombers and Afghanistan ?

3/ When you answer 2 as it can only be answered, does that not cause you some concerns about certain people in Australia who might share the views of the Bali bombers toward us ? (and are in our midst)

PS.. your views on the Gospels and Jesus are very strange mate... woefully unsupported by the actual evidence.

MARILYN... welcome back :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 26 July 2007 9:23:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy