The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A united Iraq - an impossible dream > Comments

A united Iraq - an impossible dream : Comments

By Khatab Sabir, published 19/6/2007

Unofficial referendums tell us that Iraq will divide sooner or later, and the myth of 'Iraq' will fade into the past.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Why we allowed ourselves to think instead of the Iraqi people , why as a western people , we think we are knowing the interest of Iraqi people more than them. Why we continuing to give them valuable lectures. More than 80% of Iraqi people hated former Iraqi regime and Iraqi army. They were criminals, they conducted genocide against Kurds and Shiites. They used Chemical weapon against civilians Kurds and Shiites.

Nir Rosen does not want to acknowledge what are the realities in Iraq. He is pro Sunnis and pro Arabic regimes. How he could deny the Anfal Genocide against Kurds. He is supporting the ideology of Al-Qaeda and Baathiest . he is absolutely not talking for the Iraqi people.

If USA not allowed another Vietnam come to view , the best way to settle the Iraq is to divide Iraq to 3 parts. Not make more mess in the region

The idea of Fellow_human it not worth one cent among the majority of Iraqis.
Why he is denying the right of 20 million of Kurds in Turkey, what is wrong if they get their own autonomy, or even independency . Why the Shiites in Iraq not deserve to create their own state. Stop this unproductive theory. Iraqis don’t want the history repeated itself. Turkey just like Iraq, its not normal country, its another sample of unsuccessful country .Turkey or late Ottoman , has launched Genocide against Armenian people and cost 1.5 million. What a shame we cry for the untied Turkey and beloved untied Iraq.

Enough, stop lamentation for Sunnis, for Pan-Arabism, for Extremism and fundamentalism. If we hate USA, if we are against USA hegemony , why we practice our detestation in the cost of Iraqi people ( mainly Kurds and Shiites ).

As freedom people and liberated human being, we must support the Kurdish state, which they banned from it over the history. They are more than 45 millions ,and its time for them to separate from the myth of Iraq , for ever and ever

David Alberto
Posted by David Alberto, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 2:23:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
my master plan for the pacification of the middle east is nearly ready for publication. while i put a few finishing touches, all residents of iran, iraq, lebanon, syria, palestine, and kuwait are instructed to walk in an orderly fashion to the negev desert, and await redistribution instructions.

after i paint new national and ethnic boundaries, they may return to the designated areas by followeng the color-coded arrows and begin living peaceful and productive lives.

i have anticipated the gratitude of the world by having a number of statues of myself ready to be placed in all the main squares of the new capital cities. no further expressions of gratitude are necessary, but if each person will send me a few dollars in a plain brown envelope to defray my expenses, it seems only fair.

the israel question is separate, but steps are underway to move all zionist jews to long island, where their ethnic group is already a majority and long island sound and the east river offer defensible boundaries when they secede from the usa. if indeed they wish to secede.
Posted by DEMOS, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 3:17:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is meant, that Iraq is another Vietnam is the day is fast approach when the US, the British, Australia etc will run like a momgrel dog with their tails between their legs.

That Islam is dying, is the dream of fools. Why, it is the fastest growing Religion, particularly in Australia.

Last but not least, it is clear to me that racism is alive and well in this country.

By the way I am a Christian and a supporter of the Palestinian People and their right to live in the State of Palestine with East Jerusalem as their Capital.
Posted by southerner, Wednesday, 20 June 2007 5:08:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Demos, while your post was kind of tongue_in_cheek, there was a lot of wisdom in those words_of_'jest'.

The point is, all the people groups you mention are 'tribal'. They are held together by common history,religion and kinship.

The simple fact is, tribal societies only get along where they don't feel threatened by others. In the middle east this has always involved treaties, alliances and power balances. Even a cursory reading of the intrigues and goings on in early Islamic Arabia, will show this, but it's more than apparent also from the Old Testament.

Every single person in such societies is linked by blood to the rest or is a foreigner/alien, known to the others.

Any idea of Western democracy or 'human rights' does not even flicker on the horizon, except possibly with some western educated young people who have no clout at the end of the day. (except in Israel it appears)

It's difficult even to speak of 'solutions' in such areas, because they will always be interpreted by the tribal/clan filter in terms of tribal interest.

When it comes to "Solutions" the most important question is -solution to 'what'?
In reality, when we speak of solutions, we MEAN that which suits OUR interests, be they oil, and/or economic security.

REAL SOLUTION.....
The real "solution" does not exist except on a personal level. We are allied with forces bigger than our individual selves, by geography,culture and history. Whether we like it or not, at some time, we will be faced with the sombre decision of to what degree we will participate in those factors, against others who share a different value/cultural/religious system, (even if that 'religion' is the lack of one)-who are a threat to us.

For me,

1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—...Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:1-2)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 21 June 2007 9:02:24 AM
Dear David_Alberto.

There is nothing 'wrong' in principle with Kurdish Independance.

The problems are with alliances and international relations, and with the interests of other countries who 'feel' they would be effected by such a split up.

To me personally, I think it's the best solution. But lets say "Ok.. we divide the country". Lets explore some possible outcomes.

1/ SUNNI's who are oil poor geographically, but who enjoyed power and wealth under Sadaam, will feel 'they stole our oil' and quite probably seek to re-establish the old style regime. WAR.

2/ KURDS are given independance.
a) Turkey feels immediately threatened by the possibility of a 'greater kurdistan' and again WAR.

3/ SHIITES given independance. They ally themselves with Iran, and together (or, a newly armed and trained by Iran)the Shiite population seeks 'payback' or.. they are duped into a proxy war by Iran. WAR.

The next factor which comes into play is. 'How might this effect US'?
(not the USA, but you and me as well as the UK, USA, RUSSIA, etc etc)

So, while I'm quite open to the idea of Kurds 'going for it' and seeking to carve out a place in the sun for themselves, they must realize that they have to either go it alone, (and take the consequences) or..form an alliance with a 'great and powerful friend' (which could even be Russia)
Apart from that..'nothing ever happens'.. and such arrangements ALWAYS involve the "what's in it for us" factor. Which has the consequence of other non allied 'great and powerful nations' asking "Hmm..if Russia and the Kurds get together, this could be BAD for us.. so.. we will support the XYZ group against them". This explains the USA support for Afghan Mujahideen (against Russia) and now their own war with them. (would it surprise you if Russia now helped the Taliban ?:)

...annnnnnnd.. so it goes on. Full circle, same old same old.
Who is the 'good guy' and who is the 'bad guy' ? well.. no one really. People and countries are just looking out for themselves. Gee..I never saw that coming :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 21 June 2007 9:18:21 AM
Dear all

I read this article carefully and your comments too. Something is new for me. And that’s, recently realized Iraq can not last long . And if the willing to do, it will cost more and more life…

What is the solution:

According to international law and international institutions Kurds were victim of old policy and they have been in very bad situation. Including Genocide and ethnic cleansing (particularly in the city of Kirkuk ). They entitled to obtain their freedom on their occupied land.

EU and USA put more pressure on Turkey to not interfere in Iraq, and do more reforms for its population of Kurds ( more than 20 million )
Regarding Sunnis, they are never look forward in general, always look at their past. The Kurds and Shiite , can give the share of their oil for 20-30 years until they can managing themselves or even can join with Jordan.

Shiite , its not become an Iranian state, they can even become Secular country if International community supporting them in some way. They are not fanatic, and not so religious , except a teenage like Muqtada as Sadr.. the majority of Shiite are listing to Sistani than nayone else

Yes I support the idea, Iraq split to 3 or more part. The most important, Kurds and Turkmen and Christians , must live in a peace in Kurdistan. I know there is one Million Kurds live in Baghdad , but now most of them forced to come to Kurdistan by extremists , mainly Al-Qaeda and Sunnis group

I know Kurdish people been killed (in thousands ) just because they are Kurds. Shiite and Sunnis been killed ( in tens thousand ) probably in hundred thousands just because they are different faction. This situation can not be continue.
Let’s help Iraqi people to settle down

We have to choose one of two
Either to stop violence and stop killing millions more of people
Or continue the bloodshed in Iraq because of the Sake of the interest of ( Turkey, Russia, Iran, Suadia Arabia and so o
Posted by Saralovefreedom, Thursday, 21 June 2007 11:57:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy