The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ali is pop star of intolerance > Comments

Ali is pop star of intolerance : Comments

By Greg Barns, published 4/6/2007

The media should stop lauding Ayaan Hirsi Ali: she makes life more difficult for Muslims wherever she goes.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All
Greg says that "If she (Ayaan Hirsi Ali) were a genuine leader she would seek dialogue and consensus". What: just like Neville Chamberlain in 1938 when he was seeking consensus with Adolf Hitler?
Posted by Bernie Masters, Monday, 4 June 2007 10:50:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Didn’t we just road test that word ‘tolerance’ when we played host to muslim revert Yvonne Ridley? Why not exercise ‘tolerance’ when dealing with Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

Greg offers up a few people such as Ali Asani, Amina Wadud and Karen Pahlet who palter to anyone who will listen about the virtues of Islam and muslims. Mohammad Anwar Shaikh, Ali Sina and Walid Shoebat don’t share that same Panglossian view of Islam
Posted by Sage, Monday, 4 June 2007 10:50:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Greg uses a popular term 'intolerance' to mount his absurd arguements. Greg argues that by not allowing women priests and condemning the perversion of sodomy that it equates to a the domination of women and killing of homosexuals that is mandated by the Koran.

No one forces people to join the Catholic church and no one forces them to stay. I for one left the catholic church many years ago. In the past the Catholic church was like Islam as they murdered many 'infidels'. We must not foget that probably the most intolerant of all were the fundamentalist humanist who were and still are responsible for more murders than all the religions put together. Communism and humanist certainly has as much if not more to answer for than both Islam and Catholicism put together.

The real intolerance in this article is shown by Greg himself who seems intolerant of all views but his own. This is a common practice with those on the left of politics. Greg's weak arguement that this woman is intolerance avoids all the main issues she raises.
Posted by runner, Monday, 4 June 2007 11:57:45 AM
Disappointing Greg that you should write on this topic. It's actually reserved for Irfan's dirges so could I ask you change the author's name on this item?
Posted by RobbyH, Monday, 4 June 2007 12:48:42 PM
Greg,

Good article thanks.
Ayaan is entitled to her views and opinions although reading her book, she was pinning all her cultural fallouts on the islamic faith.
The point of some media applauding so loudely is beyond me.
*Former Dutch MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali*
Caught up in a row over her Dutch citizenship, Somali-born former Dutch MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali has left the Netherlands.
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_5160000/newsid_5167300?redirect=5167376.stm&news=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&bbram=1&bbwm=1 >

What I can't understand is some Australian media like to market the discredited left overs of European intellects as "Voltaire in town".
Posted by Fellow_Human, Monday, 4 June 2007 1:12:14 PM
It is truly difficult to understand how any intelligent person could be as naive as Mr. Barns. Does this gentleman ever bother to actually LISTEN to what radical Muslim clerics and activists in the democratic societies of the West are actually saying about their long-term agenda . . . an agenda they are pathologically committed to, even if it takes 200 years? Has he ever made the effort to research the differences in the documented comments made by many of these radical clerics, between the pablum they dish out to the general public and what they preach to their most devoted followers? Mr. Barns condescendingly describes the notion of a Muslim "Fifth Column" as nonsense, despite the outrageous public comments of radical Muslim clerics themselves. Why is he so inclined to trust in the veracity and alleged wisdom of any ass-kissing apologist for Islam, but ridicules the testimony of those who were born and raised in the repression of Islam's "peace and compassion" before taking the opportunity to escape? Suggested reading: Ibn Warraq's, "Why I Am Not A Muslim", and "The Sword Of The Prophet", by Serge Trifkovic. If Mr. Barns really believes that the doctrine of the "Prophet" is the same as that of he known as Christ, it is reasonable to ask if he has ever read the Quran in its entirety, as I have. The Quran is certainly full of contradictions, but it is very seldom ambiguous in its tone. Read it, sir. Read it slowly, every word in context. Study what is objectively known about the life of Mohammed. Then tell us if you feel the same.
Mainstream Christendom has at least evolved since the Middle Ages. Can the same truly be said of mainstream orthodox Islam? No Christian or Jew that I have ever met has advocated stoning people or killing apostates. Ms. Ali, to my knowledge, did not have her life threatened by Christians or Jews. Yet, Mr. Barns declares her "intolerant" because she recognizes that there is indeed real good and real evil. Barns's tirade is silly and pathetic.
Posted by sonofeire, Monday, 4 June 2007 1:28:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy