The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd’s ascendance > Comments

Rudd’s ascendance : Comments

By Emma Dawson, published 16/3/2007

Kevin Rudd is the best chance we’ve had for a long time to drag Australian politics out of its antiquated thinking.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Tapp reality just has to be involved in debate, your statement that Liberals and Labor are on the way out shows a total lack of understanding of Australian politics.
Other posters talk of power brokers? who evidently control both party's from behind the scenes.
Well yes! true, they are called voters and it will aways be them who say what direction our country heads in.
My constant concern is minority party's and every one large or small after defeat continue to blame the voters for not sharing the views they hold.
Is it not just possible some times that the voters get it right?
Now again names, I have no fear of putting my name forward but it is not needed, and may be counter productive.
I have been subjected to harsh insults because for ever and ever I oppose extremes of left and right, it is a phony claim made that you can not trust me because I like most here have no need to invite idiots into my home or life.
My belief that conservatives will debate the miss use of a massive mandate is sure to be proved soon and a split in Liberal ranks will begin after next Saturday confirms factions are more an enemy to state Liberals than Labor.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 19 March 2007 9:27:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good to see Mr Rudd agreeing to maintain the funding for private schooling. At least labour has learn't one thing in their 10 years in opposition.
Posted by runner, Monday, 19 March 2007 12:28:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bushbred.
At last someone with a brain who is able to put a few words together and tell it like it is.

Thanks
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 19 March 2007 1:23:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree with Gekko. All propaganda.

TRTL. No debate on AWB, just denials and scapegoats, too few of them though.

Sage, more great white dope please. Are you talking about cocaine by the way?

Agree fully Ho Hum. Sad isn't it?

Labor will win, mainly through Howard's greedy, vcious approach finally reaching it's end rather than anything else.

JamesH. My feelings exactly! Vote anyone but majors, please everyone!

Derek, the change offered is the end of Howard? What else could you ask for? Messiahs be damned. Get rid of Bonsai. Consign him to his lonely future.

Fellow Human, I assume you are an above average voter. I didn't know there were ratings in Democracy. Do enlighten us please.

For Oligarch and Belly. Having helped write those policies myself I can assure you they are not stolen at all. Note the word "helped", not dictated. Done with discussion and concessions.

Any further arguments, direct them at me you cowards. Sit on your backsides and squeal will be your choice. No action.

Where was One Nation wrong anyway? Good enough for both major parties to steal, yes? It reflects what Australians need and want, not what some faceless corporates tell Howard and Beattie to say. If you disagree here tell us please where Howard and Labor got their policies from. Silence wil reign here everyone.

TAPP doesn't really care about winning that many votes mate. The point is to change how people think. Look at this thread and see how many have done so or at last expressing those thoughts. Too many? Not yet but there will be, and soon. The power is shifting. Ask Tapp where he will direct the taxpayer funds if TAPP does get enough votes. Go on, ask. I know you haven't actually read anything on the website as it shows.

Tapp, leave poor old Belly alone. Bellyaches have to start somewhere. As do barrackers like Belly. Someone who believes everything one party expounds is a fool. That's Bellyache. I note Belly's typing deteriorate as Belly's temper frays. Although the ignorance shines through.
Posted by Betty, Monday, 19 March 2007 4:42:32 PM
Billionaires Murdoch and Packer are promoting Rudd. That in itself speaks volumes. Do they do this for nothing, because it is a good idea - or in their economic and dominating rule?Isn't all the fraud, the lies and hypocrisy of parliament bound up with the rule and sway of the super rich? Don't they see Rudd as sly and trecherous enough to carry through the big attacks coming after the election? Such as the handing over of the electricity infrastructure to their mates. Along with further privatisation inroads into the remaining social structure. The essential services are going to be driven right into the ground (and keep the taxes) with the criminality in destroying 20,000 jobs. Isn't the promotion of Rudd another of the same treacherous scoundrels the media tycoons blow up and promote as statesmen going right back to the 1890's?
Posted by johncee1945, Monday, 19 March 2007 5:31:56 PM
Mr Rudd Says>
"We had a beef property. I understand these things," Mr Rudd said.

Johncee1945 says
Billionaires Murdoch and Packer are promoting Rudd. That in itself speaks volumes. Isn't all the fraud, the lies and hypocrisy of parliament bound up with the rule and sway of the super rich? Don't they see Rudd as sly and trecherous enough to carry through the big attacks.

Mr Rudd Says
He will not ban live exports if elected, despite mounting pressure on the industry in the wake of more allegations of animal cruelty.

Packers and Murdocks have been Live Animal Exporters for years.
Sickening isnt it.
God what a legacy to leave your kids and grandkids, Such Shame.

Yes Mr Rudd we know you understand the boys club but where are the jobs for Australia and a bit of common decency towards Australian Animals that you have a duty of care towards. You know we cant have comtrol in other countires- thats the barbaric! treament of shipping them alive in the first place

No Wonder you headed for the hills Mr Rudd when you were Shadow Minister of Trade at the AWN enquiry into money to Hussaine.>

GOLD COAST BULLETIN

LIVE EXPORT TRADE INQUIRY WOULD BE LIKE LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER

THE RSPCA may have the answer for fed­eral Labor politicians struggling to galv­anise voters with the AWB bribery scandal.

Many Australian voters may not give two hoots about $300 million in kickbacks to Saddam Hussein to sew up Australian wheat sales to Iraq. But it would be a different story if the AWB was ever linked to live exports.

Labor appears more concerned with the future of Australia's livestock trade overseas than banning the practice.

Mr Rudd as Shadow Minister last year you refused to disclose the truth to the public

I think that calls for your! resignation.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 19 March 2007 7:06:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy