The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Appeal is favourable for Catch the Fire Ministries > Comments

Appeal is favourable for Catch the Fire Ministries : Comments

By David Palmer, published 11/1/2007

Victoria's 'Racial and Religious Tolerance Act' 2001 remains deeply troubling and must be changed.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
The High Cpurt ruling has been handed down, and as the Judge said the Two Pastors has not vilified any person or group with the purpose to incite hatred. The Muslim Council had by their persuance of these Pastors had expected that Christian Pastors have lesser rights to criticism than afforded to ordinary members of the Public. The Muslim Council are not happy with the Judges decision and are appealing his findings.

The Christian Church ought to recognise the teachings of Christ in Matthew 5: 3 - 10; especially verse 10. Perseverence under persecution grows the Church and is considered a blessing of God. Christians are encouraged to be forgiving and caring of persecutors as this develops true character, acceptance and tolerance. Christians should care for their opponents and critics without prejudice, so love them as Christ who prayed for and healed his detractors.

However in Australia we are a civilised people following predominantly Christian values of equality and acceptance but we also have laws that outlaw personal violence and assult. We do not support laws against blasphemy for criticism of Christ or the Christian faith as do the intolerant shari'ah blasphemy laws of Islam.

It is through challenge and criticism that the human character is developed and grows. Human development happens in all fields as challenge and criticism to failed or poor proceedures is challenged.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 11 January 2007 11:09:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To say there were errors in the tribunurals findings is well and truly understated; Try absolute subjective criminal garbage; But when the law is applied to another, who other than Leftoids Altruist Idiots, then there is no law and jurisdiction; Guilty regardless.

I would actually like some Lawyer for a change to put the Entire Qur’an on trial, under secular LAW, with objectivity in mind;
Then I could guarantee it would be outlawed without equivocation;

But that is exactly what they are preventing, because even the most basic principled law student would realize; The Qur’an would not withstand scrutiny, not even the mildest, simplest scrutiny; because it is in total an utter; “Fraud”; but so are leftists proletariat lobotomized.
It would fail in principle-in authentication- archeological- and criminal intent disclosed in its volumes- all be it but for a very short period in the beginning of Kissy Cuddly bits to win (Con) hearts and minds, the rest of its history reads as if the 5 horsemen of apocalypse had taken seed on earth; the list is so vast it is incredible the amount of deception deployed to protect it; But I don’t think many people are aware of that; and some still buy The Religion of Piece antitheses?
Absolutely incredible dilation of intelligence to believe anything of it.
It is there in print, plain and simple, it tells you what it is, and our useless idiots are selling to us what it is not.

Lets put it on trial now. and find out.
Posted by All-, Thursday, 11 January 2007 11:54:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some questions are yet to be examined

Why was the Islamic Council of Victoria, which originally brought the complaint, asked to pay only HALF the court costs?

Why were there Muslims in the seminar in the first place - if not to trap the speakers and test the then new Bracks law?

Why are Muslim Imams regularly criticising everything non-Islamic and getting away with it?

Why is it when Islam or their holy book are exposed, one can only find negatives and anti social values?

Why do we continue to allow a political movement like Islam - that has at its core aim the destruction of our free democracy - to exist and prosper in our midst? Haven't we learned our lessons or are we becoming so brain-dead to the real danger of Islam to our National Security?

The real terrorist is not the stupid self detonating Jihadists but our own suicidal approach to our dear Muslim compatriots who deep down have no interest in our way of life, and are forging ahead to change (it) and us.
Posted by coach, Friday, 12 January 2007 8:00:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stephany put her finger on most of the issues here, but did not bring up the truth-is-no-defense aspect of the law, which intensifies the threat to freedom of speech.

This is what Linda McGrew at the Right Reason blog said at about the time of the first trial (6/7/05):

"This is because of a very important aspect of the law, namely, that the truth of what one is saying is no defense against the charge. In other words, this is not comparable to a law in the United States against defamation of character or libel. It is an entirely different legal category in which the entire question is whether what one has said is likely to arouse hatred and revulsion against a particular group, setting aside the issue of whether one’s statements are true. Pastor Nalliah states that the lawyer for the complainant (the Islamic Council of Victoria) mentioned repeatedly in the trial that "truth is no defense," so that Scot and Nalliah were unable to defend themselves by pointing out that their statements about Islam were in fact supported by quotations from the Koran. Debbie Mortimer, the lawyer, allegedly told Pastor Nalliah in court that he must only give references to (rather than quote) Koran passages that endorse ill-treatment of women, as quoting the passages would constitute a new act of vilification! This claim is borne out by the fact that one of the counts against them in Judge Higgins’s ruling was the mere fact that they said "that the Qur'an ... treats women badly, like a field to be plowed" and tells men "use her as you wish." Again, the charge is that they said this, not that it is false."
Posted by Divergence, Friday, 12 January 2007 8:30:36 AM
C.J.. Let me guess.. 'ME' :)

BUT.. lets talk about 'vilification'.. that which 'marginalizes and stigmatizes a whole group of people on the basis of their religion.

Quran 9:30 (Christians..by name) "Allahs curse be on them, they are deluded and away from the truth"

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 660:
Narrated 'Aisha and Ibn 'Abbas:

On his death-bed Allah's Apostle ....he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (By that) he intended to warn (the Muslim) from what they (i.e. Jews and Christians) had done.

So, here, on his death bed, we are being 'cursed' by him in Allah's name for simply building a Church at a place of strong remembrance of our Lords burial.

This is outright vilification.... specifically of Christians.

Imagine if I did a web site "GOD CURSES MUSLIMS" and ran a seminar "THE CURSE OF GOD ON MUSLIMS"
and handed out pamphlets outside a mosque "GOD CURSES MUSLIMS"
and.. handed those same pamphlets out at Flinders street station to all and sundry.

I thinnnnnnnnk Muslims might be a tad upset.

As it stands, I plan to stand on the steps of ST PAULS CATHEDRAL and the the SHRINE OF REMEMBRANCE with a sign "Allah curses Christians"
or "MOHAMMED CURSES CHRISTIANS" and I'll have a little handout explaining what the background is.

Now..who is the bad guy here ? .. is it the Prophet and Religion of Islam+Quran+Hadith which curses my very existence, or.. is it me who makes this fact known to passers by ?

We have just had further vilification by Hilali 'Muslims have more right to Australia than Anglo Saxon descendants of convicts' etc.. and he also vilified all of Anglo Saxon background 'They are the greatest of liars' kind of sentiments....

Any one who does not think we have reasons for serious concern is of concern to me.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 12 January 2007 9:29:07 AM
A pastor is supposedly a person offering spiritual guidance. Seems to me that some of the pastors' supporters and the usual crew are way short on guidance when it comes to talking about their fellow humans in aa decent Christian manner.

Maybe you all need to get some pastors guidance from real pastors who really believe in doing good rather than starting fires.

These pastors and their fellowers remind me of vandals. You see I have often marvelled at the way God made it so hard to do good deeds and so easy to destroy things. For intstance: It takes a lot to develop a sense of belonging - one unguarded moment to destroy it.

Maybe that is why the Bible teaches us to be patient. Warfare and negative propanda that can lead to conflict, whether practiced by Islam or Christians, is a negative that can destroy families, infrastructure, peaceful, happy times and all those good things in an instant that have taken centuries and lifetimes to come to pass.

These pastors have little to do with spreading the Christian message and more about creating conflict. By their fruits you will know them.
Posted by ronnie peters, Friday, 12 January 2007 11:40:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy