The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hezbollah's new battle at home > Comments

Hezbollah's new battle at home : Comments

By Ted Lapkin, published 8/9/2006

Will the Lebanese people allow their country to be used by Iran as a surrogate battlefield again?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Lapkin says "But this sudden largesse - which everyone knows comes directly from the coffers of Hezbollah's patrons in Teheran". This is easy to assert but is there proof? Even if true, anything provided by Iran would be miniscule compared to the funds and weapons Israel receives from the US.

The Lebanese people will determine their response to Hezbollah, not Israel and hangers on such as Lapkin. I have no doubt that at the next election in Lebanon, Hezbollah candidates will dominate.
Posted by rossco, Friday, 8 September 2006 12:23:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah good point Benjamin, bomb syria and Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Saudi Arabia

Umm, while were at it lets take out Central Asia, just full of Muslims too.

Lets not forget Indonesia, Malaysia, Lakemaba HELL LETS KILL EM ALL.

You are a moron mate, and if world war 3 starts tomorrow, I'm gonna blame people like you, not Bush or Blair or Howard, YOU.
Posted by Carl, Friday, 8 September 2006 1:40:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14882.htm

I just found this very interesting article by Jonathon Cook in Jerusalem - think Teddy boy should read it.

Now for some questions for Ted.

1. Have you bothered to notice Seymour Hersh's article that this invasion and demolition of Lebanon had been in the planning for over a year and if so what do you have to say about it?
2. When you were in the IDF in South Lebanon during the 1980's did you help to recruit the christian phalangists as collaborators to kill muslims and Lebanese people, are you old enough to have been involved in the massacres in Shatila and Sabra?
3. Just what do the politics of Lebanon or Palestine have to do with Israel? Are you so important to the world that you can be the dictators of the ME with the support of the moron Bush?
4. I know you will deride and denigrate anyone who disagrees with you Ted, but guess what? I am impervious to your criticism so perhaps you could just answer my questions and read the article posted.

It is an interesting read for someone who wants to claim that the Hezbollah used Lebanese civilians for human shields. Actually Ze'ev Schiff wrote a piece in Haaretz last week stating that most of the rockets fired from Lebanon were fired from fixed positions near the border and not from the towns and villages.

Amnesty Internationals report states the same thing. I am tired of this lunatic anti-arab tripe being peddled here in Australia - we should be neutral but point out the mistakes of our friends.

Sorry Ted, you speak drivel and should go back to Israel to protect her from the evil doers.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 8 September 2006 2:05:02 PM
Tsk, tsk, Marilyn. Big Ted should go back to Israel? And make the place even more right wing than it already is? No, BT should remain here where he can do less harm.
Posted by Strewth, Friday, 8 September 2006 4:19:50 PM
Marilyn I hope you read my post above Sharett it was long planned 1955.

Dismissed as left wing Arab lover? Seems to be the method.

But proof that such geopolitical designs exist and that as Sharett shows information provided is deceptive, jut think of the latest Iraq. This is so slow I cannot go back to check but did I cite Mark Danner and his way to secret war? This is about Government document UK, not denied, showing the propaganda was fixed to make the case. We was conned! And still are being.
To change the tack a little all the hype is about Islamic terrorists, our treasurer even going so far, well I suppose not far at all for he mealy mouths American or Bush platitudes.

Yet the only analysis I have so far found is by Robert Pape Prof of political science University Chicago. Meaning that not that it is true, these days deception is universal but that the remnants of honest Scholarship remaining and recognising the book has almost certainly been reviewed by his peers the probability is that its facts are near correct.
Anyway he finds that the majority of suicide attacks are not Islamic but those in or originating from Ceylon Sri Lanka that most were rebelling against occupation of lands they see as theirs and that although religion is part of the story other factors are more important. Hizbollah is of course from one strand of Islam but Christians are included as well as Sunni.
What happens when and of course if, we all, not jut me, stop believing our leaders?
Posted by untutored mind, Friday, 8 September 2006 5:12:23 PM
Marilyn

Why should Seymour Hersh's article carry more weight than Ted Lapkin's?

At least Lapkin's article is devoid of cheap abusive comments which suggests a more reasoned approach. And it is much better written. And frankly the arguments of any one who uses Zionism in a loaded negative way as a substitute term for Israel should be treated with some care.

The fact that Seymour Hersh can live in Israel and write such articles suggest a high degree of tolerance in Israeli society. Can you show me some similar anti Muslim activity articles written by journalists living in any other Middle Eastern country?

And yes there is a lot of negative criticism about Arabs and Muslims in this country but there is equally anti Israeli criticism.
Posted by logic, Friday, 8 September 2006 5:14:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy