The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Steve Irwin - even larger in death than in life > Comments

Steve Irwin - even larger in death than in life : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 5/9/2006

The outpouring of sorrow at his passing is growing by the hour.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
For a guy who lived his life at full speed and with unrestrained passion, it's unusual these days that he did it without personal scandal or embarrassment.

An inspiration and a tragic loss to us all.

Vale and thanks Steve, you won't be forgotten
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 1:39:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Heres a good lesson,especially for anyone who walks a dangerous tightrope:

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Everytime he cheated death, he was statistically closer to not cheating death the next time.

What a terrible shame, our society will not produce another like Steve Irwin, this generation has gone away from our crocodile dundee style Aussie culture, but he will not be forgotten.

Just remember, you cant stay ahead of any game forever when you are dealing in a chaos science.
Posted by Realist, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 1:46:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must confess that I have never been a fan of Steve Irwin and his views on crocodile management seemed to me to show little understanding of wildlife conservation and its practices. If he had paid a visit to the game parks of Southern Africa he would have understood what can be gained by controlled hunting - it has been an important part of what has enabled the game reserves there to survive.
Posted by darter, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 2:01:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Croc Hunter was hero worshipped by all.Adults and children wanted to follow his footsteps. He opened up the minds of the young and led us into a world of the animals and made everything sound so simple and easy. We need to have a foundation or university to teach us all that Steve wanted the world to know. Please help us continue with his dreams ....we should all get together to carry on the hard work. Watching Animal Planet and Discovery without Steve will be difficult. All the Steve's programmes will always be treasured and cherished.
Posted by Karmo, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 3:36:24 PM
he was one fair bloody dinkum bloke that showed the world what australia is all about..
some thought him a bit over the top, but i'm sure for those that knew him personally, thats how he naturally was..a good open funloving full-on caring bloke with an incredible personality.

To the Irwin family, our heart goes out to you all.
regards and respect from all of us at www.fairbloodydinkum.com
Posted by littleozzybloke, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 3:36:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel as if I am mourning the death of a member of my own family - even though I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Steve Irwin.

My heart aches for Terri, Bindy, little Bob and Steve's father - other family members and all of his dear friends.

Kay
Posted by kalweb, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 4:37:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy