The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sleeping with a devil in Islamic clothing > Comments

Sleeping with a devil in Islamic clothing : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 1/9/2006

Islamists hide women because they have masculinity problems; ban music because it is beyond their control; ban theatres and cinemas to keep people ignorant.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Fundies of all major religions do these things that is why they should be opposed whatever their flavour.
Posted by Kenny, Friday, 1 September 2006 9:18:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, don't expect them to introduce life insurance any time soon! see http://weekbyweek7.blogspot.com/
Posted by The Examiner, Friday, 1 September 2006 9:34:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mineral resources of Somalia:

Uranium and largely unexploited reserves of iron ore, tin, gypsum, bauxite, copper, salt. Likely oil reserves.

- hmmmmmmmmm. I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Friday, 1 September 2006 9:43:46 AM
Onya Bashir....

when a Muslim is as honest as you, it is most difficult to even want to point out anything which might be a bit hurtful, even though it is true.
Its worth considering though that when Mohamed did not like Kaab Bin Al Ashrafs poetry he arranged a 'hit' on him....

And Ayesha was 6 when he married her and 9 when he consumated the marraige.

Let me just say this. For the good things he said..and did, may Gods grace be upon him. But at the same time, for the bad things, Gods justice also must be expected. As it is for us all.

Rather than highlight Mohameds 'sins' let me highlight Gods Grace.
Sin is sin, where small or large. We all miss the target of perfection whether by a milimeter of a mile.

I point to Jesus, The Christ, Messiah, forgiver of Sin on His own authority.. "I am in the Father and the Father is in me"
When asked to show the Father to the disiples, he responded
"Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me" ?

This is the glorious truth that has given us "2006"... our time is referenced to the wonderful Saviour, redeemer and friend...Immanuel, God with us... who died on a cross for our sins, and rose for our justification.
He who gives us hope, peace and ultimately "in my Fathers house, there are many rooms".

Let us look to Him, the author and finisher of our faith, and avert our gaze from mere humans and their inconsistent scoreboards of life.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 1 September 2006 9:54:53 AM
Bashir, Islamists may do all those vile and nasty things you say but in Australia they aren't shunned; they're invited to taxpayer-funded gabfests. They are also given the green light by our government to publish and distribute literature calling for our destruction. Our elected 'leaders' don't share your concerns.

Surely it can't be possible for these Islamists to break bread with our PM and his claquers one week and want to do something evil the next week. What about all the assurances we've been given? One that springs to mind is 'multiculturalism will enrichen the tapestry of the Australian way of life'. Not bad eh? And so what if a few of them want to kill us. As long as the majority of them vote Lib-NP or ALP there's nothing to worry about. And think about it...if the 7:10am train from Mudville to the City should explode what is the likelihood of a VIP being on that train? None.

Bashir, you're an alarmist.
Posted by Sage, Friday, 1 September 2006 11:26:31 AM
Good article Bashir,

I noticed an interesting trend: fundamentalism seems to follow poor economical, resource management and opressive regimes.

I knew many somalians and they are good moderate people in nature.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Friday, 1 September 2006 12:53:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy