The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The beginning of the end? > Comments

The beginning of the end? : Comments

By Taimor Hazou, published 21/8/2006

Are Israel and the United States staring at defeat because their deterrence no longer works?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
The strenght of Hazou's article is that the same conclusion has been arrived at independantly by noted westerners from different political persuasions. And they tend mirror moderate Arab and Palestinian positions. Many of us mere mortals have arrived at the same conclusion albeit from different starting points.
Posted by keith, Monday, 21 August 2006 12:41:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh's right. “Deterrence doesn’t work against fanatics”. We see this in Israel's defence minister stating, their failed commando (terrorist) raid into Lebanon, was so Israel can prepare for their next round of assaults.

Terrorism speaks for itself. Afghanistan, currently fighting the invading coalition of destruction. Iraq, currently defending their country against the invading coalition of destruction. Palestine, Lebanon, currently fighting the constant invading attacks by Jews. Who's the terrorists.

Thousands kidnapped, murdered, incarcerated and untried, indiscriminate bombing, carried out by the Jewish invaders from their beach head. Judah christianity, killing, maiming, destroying people, infrastructure and economies in their unbridled zest for power. Who's the terrorists

On the other side, a small number of attacks outside the Middle east killing people over the last 5 years. Not day after day around the world, as with the judah christian assaults on other peoples countries. Arabs aren't blowing up cities, bombing people daily or causing disruption around the world. Its Christian Judaism's propaganda that's promoting fear and terrorism worldwide.

So who's the fanatics here, but the followers of Yahweh, god of war. If we're lucky, the world will open its eyes and see who's at fault, who causes the most destruction and whose followers always talk of peace yet use murder and ethnic cleansing as their solution.

If zionist's hadn't invaded the Middle East, causing ongoing war, there'd probably be no islamic terrorism. Jews and Christians have provoked this situation, invading and grabbing control of oil. Before long the coalition of the despotic, will feel the heat of disquiet, distrust and rejection by sensible peoples of the world

The credibility of these despots from all Yahweh factions, is beyond redemption, the world's starting to judge them harshly. Once the tide turns against these morons, as it historically does, we'll have a final solution, by burying the god of war, yahweh, for good.
Posted by The alchemist, Monday, 21 August 2006 12:47:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
50 million christian zionists share Leigh's view but it is very strange. Their claim is that if all the Jews go back to Israel that will bring about the second coming, 2 billion people will be slaughtered and we will all live in a peaceful Utopia for 1000 years.

I would prefer not to have to wipe out 2 billion people based on the rantings of these fundamentalist lunatics thanks Leigh.

Now there have been arabs and Jews both in Australia for decades if not centuries living side by side without too many problems so why are we carrying on like nutcases now about either group? They all have the right to live.

Most of South Lebanon has been littered with cluster bombs that are blowing up children with one site having been identified as a hospital, they are in houses and back yards, orchards and cropping lands.

No justification for this from the IDF that I can see yet I guess Leigh would applaud it. War crimes is war crimes Leigh and your attitude reduces you to about the level of a mindless, racist fundamentalist.

Don't like that description? Well, guess what? My arab and muslim friends don't like your blanket description of them as they are all gentle, intelligent people who love their children.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Monday, 21 August 2006 12:47:33 PM
Nations of Europe and Ireland are opposed to all these 'Destroy Destroy' wars of USA and her subserviant allies...all subserviant to an immoral Israel.

Ever wonder why?

It is because they have experienced it first hand while nations such as America and Australia have never really experienced this beast of war. It's so easy to crave for war when you've never really ever experienced it yourself.

Leigh, it is people like you that the people need to fear. You need the people to fear the government when its the government that should fear the people.

I believe in strong dissent and if that means people blockading the Parliaments, bringing down the economy to remove our corrupt, war mongering leaders, then so be it.

Dissent is the responsibility of the people in both out false democratic system and dictatorships.
Posted by Spider, Monday, 21 August 2006 12:53:38 PM
Unfortunately when I read piece after piece on OLO on the Middle East issue, I find myself driven to an unpalatable but inescapable conclusion: that Israel should do more or less what it's been doing on the West Bank. Build a bloody big wall around itself and let those on the other side fend for themselves.

Hezbollah should not have kidnapped those two Israeli soldiers. It was an opportunistic attempt to inflict wounds while Israel's attention was on the events in Gaza. If Hezbollah had not been so stupid, then none of this would have happened.

Anth
Posted by Anth, Monday, 21 August 2006 12:58:12 PM
I think Taimor is spot on with much of what he says. Hezbollah have pushed Israel's buttons and despite deplorable tactics, have managed to win the propaganda war.

So, what next. The UN move in, the people of South Lebanon move back home and Hezbollah open up on Israel's towns and cities again. Isreal now appears to target not only civilians placed in harms way by Hezbollah, but also an ineffective UN. All played out (again) in front of the world's TV news cameras.

Masterful!

Alchemist,
I believe (delving deep into memory) that the Yaweh god of Moses was actually a god that was created by the people who lived in what is now Jordan. It was(is?) a god of volcanoes and was merged with the Abraham god when the two groups collided.
Posted by Narcissist, Monday, 21 August 2006 1:56:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy