The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reconcile or count the cost > Comments

Reconcile or count the cost : Comments

By Ted Lapkin, published 18/7/2006

Israel has a moral right to defend itself against brutal jihadists.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. All
You can bomb people to pieces but you can't bomb them to peace.

Decades of hatred need to be healed. How? I have absolutely no idea but it is the only answer. Unless genocide is contemplated.
Posted by Steve Madden, Tuesday, 18 July 2006 8:48:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Steve for starters the religion of peace can start by removing phrases of death and destruction to all infidels from the good book.
ONLY 1 religion preaches violence and there in lays the whole problem in the Middle East. The fundamentalist followers of this religion are going to go on provoking the EAST the WEST the NORTH and probably the penguins in Antarctica until they get what they want, or they end up in thier own fiery hell. Which may happen yet....

Long Live Israel. INSHALLAH
Posted by SCOTTY, Tuesday, 18 July 2006 9:09:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marilyn Shepherd

You still insist that the Israelis have stolen the land. You also insist that they are all Holocaust survivors.

I say once again and again and again but no-one wants to listen because it spoils their arguement.

A large percentage of Jewish Israelis are from Arab countries. They are there because of persecution from Muslims. Christians were equally persecuted.

The numbers of Jews displaced from Arab lands roughly equals the number of Palestinians who left Israel. In addition all through the 19th century Jews emigrated and purchased land LEGALLY. THEY DID NOT STEAL.

There are also Muslims and Christians in Israel. ALL HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS. There is no mass disatisfaction there. The same cannot be said for Christians and Jews in most Arab held lands.

Carl

Most Muslims in any Arab country have no control over their lives. That is why so many have emigrated to Australia Britain France and everywhere else. Why else do you think they live their oil rich homelands where they should be able to live well?

Israel is far from being a saint but we must accept the reality of the Muslim world. Few Israelis are religious so their reaction has nothing at all to do with their religion.
Posted by logic, Tuesday, 18 July 2006 10:06:18 PM
Leigh,

Great to see you are happy to see Australian blood spilt so cheaply. I guess you are suggesting it's OK to kill people if they are duel citizens. I'm so glad Andrew Robb is our Citizenship minister and not you.

Yes, Israel has a right to defend herself against terrorists. Israel has in the past shown an ability to pinpoint and kill individual leaders. Why not just go in and assassinate select Hezbollah operatives? Why burn innocent people alive, even if it does provide some entertainment to some people on these forums?
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 18 July 2006 10:38:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ted I am very, very tired of people telling me what I will or won't dismiss about our involvement in Iraq. OK, 8 million people went out to vote but just what the hell have they gained for their troubles?

A useless PM, a worse President and more and more sectarian violence is what they got.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear Ted. I have been and anti-war campaigner since 1966 so I am not particularly new to this - I cut my teeth on our other great adventure with the morons in the US, remember that little sortie called Vietnam?

No-one, but no-one has the right to set off a bomb, to capture or kidnap another human being, to kill another human being, to blow up another human being or even punch another human being.

It is a crime. There fore I will not take sides unless my own ridiculous government is involved in misadventures in Iraq and Afghanistan or are pretending to be the deputy in the Pacific while at the same time trying to pass vile laws to keep out the genuine refugees who flee the very regimes we think are rotten.

Having a vote Ted has proved nothing in Afghanistan or Iraq - and being a democracy doesn't prove anything either because it was three major democracies who decided to blow up Iraq without even the fig leaf of captured soldiers.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Wednesday, 19 July 2006 1:11:54 AM
This is the big picture.

The Zionists are leading America to war with Iran.

The reason that the people of Lebanon are being used in this slow, cruel, but very deliberate way is that they are all simply hostages.

They are hostages. We are hostages to the drivel. We will be hostage to the act because we swallow the drivel.

There is NO god. There is only power and money and old men who can't take it with them and young men who aspire...

- one of nature's more cruel experiments.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Wednesday, 19 July 2006 1:40:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...