The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > New hopes and aspirations > Comments

New hopes and aspirations : Comments

By Syed Atiq ul Hassan, published 14/7/2006

India and Pakistan should be encouraged to come together for bilateral talks on the issue of Kashmir.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Dear Malik
can you show me where I 'abused Muslims' ? I freely concede that I will scrutinize Islam as a faith, but can you show me any place where I have not given accurate information ? Feel free.

Irf.... thanx for expanding my appreciation of the use of the term "Syed". Your added input is always appreciated.

The dictionary I consulted gave only 2 definitions. But the author is a Pakistani Muslim, (?)and only those 2 definitions will apply to him.
a) Descendant of the prophet
b) Male Dignitary.

Kashmir.
If the Muslims lived happily under a Hindu Rajah ... can you explain why they are now unhappy ? Does it have anything to do with the following:
-Realignment of borders into Pakistan, Bangladesh and India
-Hindu Oppression in recent times.
-Radicalization of Islam in many parts of the world.
-All of the above.

Here is a comment on the 2 positions
http://www.chowk.com/show_article.cgi?aid=00002176&channel=civic%20center
Indians believe that they are entitled to the entire Jammu and Kashmir, including the parts now controlled by Pakistan and any agreement to accept the status quo should be considered as a major compromise; to Pakistan this is merely the starting point at the negotiating table. Its maximalist position is the plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir to determine whether the state will go to India or Pakistan and it believes that the consideration of any third option is a substantial climb-down on its part
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 16 July 2006 5:25:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan - the word "Syed" does not mean saint in arabic. Syed is a dignitary word meaning master or lord (like Sir in English).

I have never heard the expression "Syed Maroun" unless it is used as a dignifiable title - but never to mean "saint".

They also call Mary mother of Jesus - Sayeda Marriam which gives Her due respect meaning above all women - but not to mean "saint".

Sorry mate. Stick to English.

Exposing Islam for what it is has nothing to do with a person's name. Where did you get that nonsense from?

For me Muslims are the victim of their own false religious brutal sect. They - like you - are unaware of the lie they are propagating. Well, the fruit is on our TV screens and newspapers every day.

How many more trains, planes and buses will it take for you to start seeing it and believing it.

Islam is not tolerant of any other religions. Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Animists, you name it - all are their enemy.

So every time someone tries to open your eyes you call them names and expose your anger.

Why don't you instead start questioning your beliefs by comparing them to main stream true religions?
Posted by coach, Sunday, 16 July 2006 6:20:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy