The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The price of Indonesian indignation > Comments

The price of Indonesian indignation : Comments

By Klaus Neumann, published 19/6/2006

Because of our historical involvement we have an obligation to West Papua and its refugees.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
@Kvasir:

Aww.. what a gauche boy you are. How rude.

PS: USA cruelly militarily crushed Confederate States of America (CSA) separatists in the very bloody American Civil War, killing 25% of Southern white adult male population. Until today, separatism is illegal under US Constitution. Until now, UK put one-third of its army in tiny Northern Ireland to fight and intimidate the popularly-based IRA in order to force unwanted British rule upon unwilling Catholic Irishmen.

I guess you don't consider USA and UK as democratic countries, aight?

@saintfletcher:

Thank you, sir. It is merely my humble human instinct forcing me to speak out. What human being won't feel unconditional sympathy to the plight of the unfortunate Aborigines?
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Sunday, 2 July 2006 9:13:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And PTBI, what a rude boy YOU are.
Posted by Kvasir, Sunday, 2 July 2006 10:26:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kvasir: The top end from Cairns to Darwin is hardly savanah. Unless they have jungles and swamps and crocadiles in savanah. The wet seasons are really wet, you can actually grow fungus on your feet if you are not careful.

The savanah is just north of the outback, not the entire top end.

Yes Quebec did have an independence movement and it was really nasty.

They even tried to assassinate Queen Elizabeth II when there were riots at her visit to Quebec in the 1970s. Things got serious as there were so many plots to assassinate the Queen.

Between them and the IRA, it is amazing she is still alive.

It is in the United States constitution to discourage any American country to be dominated by a European power. Yet the US never supported the Quebecan seperatists. They respected Canada and the UK and the Queen: their greatest allies.

The difference is, Australians see domination as the birthright of the "superior Australian people", to be directly involved with a seperatist movement in another country. The Americans never assumed this premise with Quebec. They never supported the seperatist movement in Northern Ireland either. Yet both are in the US spirit of republican independence.

The Gulf War over Kuwait was another issue. This was a travesty that should have never happened in the first place, and that was a mistake for the US to interfere with. Even greater mistake for Bush Jr. to continue the mess, and his father's bankruptcy.

It is not the time to thumb our noses at the United Nations and follow the crumbling Bush to hell.

The only hope we have for peace is to uphold the UN, stop getting so arrogant, grow up, listen to what all parties have to say, be patient, and wait for a better outcome.

Being so reactionary and childish to other countries does them no justice at all, it just inflames the situation. Swap recepies for better food ideas and culture and trade, don't swap bombs. "The spice Islands" can even teach some of you yobbos how to cook a healthy diet.
Posted by saintfletcher, Monday, 3 July 2006 12:24:20 PM
Yes I am aware that there are swamps in the Top End; the point I was making to PTBI was that it is certainly NOT desert where preindustrial Indonesians would have landed in sailing boats - they would have had to walk hundreds of kilometres overland before they hit any desert.

As far as those independence movements are concerned; I used Quebec and Catalonia as examples as they are fairly nonviolent, compared with the IRA or Basque separatists ETA. The avowedly separatist Bloc Quebecois has been at times the main opposition party in the Canadian federal Parliament and the Parti Quebecois has been in power at a provincial level numerous times, both actively pursuing independence in a constitutional manner. Canada tolerates this long-running campaign openly. Indonesia will also have to learn to tolerate this if it is to be taken seriously as a democracy. Indonesia forgets that democracy is NOT just about holding a gala election day. Also it is well known that massive funding and support for Northern Irish independence comes from individuals and groups in the USA.

Moreover, I find it amusing that our heroic defender of nonwhite rights, PTBI, should find sympathy with the "cruelly crushed" Confederate States of America and shed crocodile tears for all those dead white slaveowners. Doesn't he care that this short-lived country was based on white domination of black slave labour? Or does the principle of national indivisibility trump the suffering of individuals based on their colour? Judging by his posts, I'd say it does. Long live the glorious superior unitary state of Indonesia.

Saintfletcher, just why should the world have acquiesced when Iraq tried to take Kuwait, anyway? Just because a country is small, why does that mean a larger neighbour can annex it? I think it was quite proper for Saddam to have been pushed out of Kuwait. I thought you were against larger countries bullying their neighbours...Or is it OK for big nonwhite countries to bully small nonwhite countries?
Posted by Kvasir, Monday, 3 July 2006 7:58:18 PM
@saintfletcher:

Again, you've displayed an awesome expression of wisdom. Indeed Australians tend to behave in a reactionary and childish manner when dealing with Indonesia and other Asian countries. Just look at this clownish Kvasir, after I annihilate all his childish rantings, he hilariously makes desperate accusations, such as calling me a "Confederate sympathiser".

With people like Kvasir, no wonder nobody really takes Australia seriously, even the US took Australia for granted. Indeed Australia should learn to grow up and get over its hillbilly delusions of "superiority".

@Kvasir:

LOL, the naughty boy wants to play the pot calling the kettle black. How gauche.

Don't worry, boy. Indonesia will never tolerate separatism like that pioneer in democracy the USA. Such intolerance toward separatism is in accordance with the iron will of Indonesian people.

PS. Neither Indonesia nor any other country in the world have any interest with your swamps/deserts/jungles of northern Australia. Deal with it :-)
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 5:10:53 AM
Did that naughty little Indonesian boy, PTBI, go to school in North Korea? His hypernationalistic, abusive ravings sound just like they're straight out of the Korean Central News Agency, only the country is different. He is so childish and aggressive, and his behaviour is the reason why so many Australians look down on uneducated, disorganised, boorish, corrupt Indonesian peasants; whereas we respect civilised Japan, South Korean, Taiwan and Singapore, we have contempt for basket-case Indonesia. It's a country that deserves to fall apart. The trouble with the clown PTBI is that he can dish out abuse, but not take it. It's high time the naughty boy was given a dose of his own medicine.
Posted by Kvasir, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 6:51:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy