The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Papua crucial to Indonesia > Comments

Papua crucial to Indonesia : Comments

By Richard Chauvel, published 29/3/2006

Indonesia needs international support to help reduce its dependence on violence to govern Papua.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
@Viking&Perseus:

You are completely wrong, West Papua has strong linguistic and cultural links with other parts of Indonesia. A prime example of two peoples that should not live together is the white colonialists and Australian Aborigines. Not only there are no cultural, linguistic, or ethnic ties between the two races, whites have no rights over Australia, a land they illegally stole from the rightful Aboriginal owners by the criminal concept of "terra nullius". Your brutal and genocidal policy towards Aborigines further underlined the criminality of your occupation of Aboriginal lands. No wonder, considering the criminal origins of Australian whites.

Whites should return all their stolen land to the rightful owners: Aborigines, and return to whatever desolate English or Irish hamlets you came from!

Otherwise, you whites must pay the Aborigines for all those lands you stole (all of Australia) according to current property rates, plus the rightful amount of compensation for all the millions of Aborigines raped, murdered, and tortured by whites, and for all the cultural genocide you've inflicted on Aborigines.
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Monday, 3 April 2006 8:16:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Proud to be Indonesian......
If there was any truth in your assertions,you and your kind would seek to have the indigenous West Papuans have a properly supervised referendum (not like the rigged one in 1963) about whether or not they considered themselves Indonesian or West Papuan Melanesians...without the extreme intimidation that marked the East Timorese U.N. Supervised referendum that voted overwhelmingly for Independence despite the Indonesian Kopassus led thugs threats of violence if they did not vote for autonomy.
Otherwise both your latest posts are typical verbal diahorrea from the twisted mind of a fundamentalist,racist fanatic.
Posted by maracas, Monday, 3 April 2006 9:30:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That is a very interesting logical twist you display, Proud to be Indonesian. You say all "white" Australians, even those born here, and those who came from other countries, should be sent back to England. But what about my Chinese/Canadian wife? And our children? And what about all those Vietnamese/Australians, the Thai/Australians and the Philippino/Australians? Do they get to stay because their asian background gives them greater legitimacy?

Your country's Transmigration Policy seems to suggest that it is alright for Javanese people to settle on the tribal lands of Papuan, Batak and Dayak people's but it is not OK for Europeans. This is not meant to excuse what was done in Australia in the 1800's but there is a very big difference between Australian and Indonesian migration.

Australia became a majority European culture in about 1850. It is already done and nothing can change history. We have no other home. But West Papua is still majority Papuan and the Javanese takeover is taking place right now and being subsidised by your government. And that is something about which something can be done, and should be done.

If your government is governing for all the people within it's current boundaries then why aren't the Dayak and Papuan people given the same level of subsidies that Javanese people get if they migrate to Borneo, Sulawesi or Papua?
Posted by Perseus, Monday, 3 April 2006 11:11:54 AM
PTBI

A couple of points.

1/ I would NEVER hope that the USA/ANZUS treaty would be invoked for 'aggresive' action. It is without question only a defensive treaty.

2/ Intolerance for Islam/Transmigration.

This 'man of God' has had Muslims force him to place 'pro Muslim' election propoganda on his own home, with the special branch lurking around just in case I did not comply.
I've seen the tactics used 'quietly' by Muslims in seeking to change population balances and cultural textures, advancing Islam with extravagant spending on gold plated Mosque domes etc...in areas they seek to control. Before you criticize me too much, please remember I've 'been there, done that' :) I've lived it.

So please don't describe my warning signals are 'intolerance'. I'm intolerant of deliberate actions to dilute existing culture and faith, the use of state resources to acheive this. That is not intolerance it is the prophetic word of truth.

I don't have much to say about the 42 assylum seekers. I prefer to leave that to the government and its policy. I don't know enough about them to commment intelligently.

Again, I urge you to reflect on my stirrings in regard to your own faith. What I shared with you, is bigger than nationalism or ethnicity, its about our relationship to God in Christ
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 3 April 2006 8:36:34 PM
@maracas:

LOL Papuans already had a free and fair UN-supervised referendum in 1969 where they chose to join Indonesia. That is historical fact and nobody can change it. No further referendum will happen as both Indonesian national and regional legislatives are never interested in such redundant action, whereby the result would be a certain victory for Indonesia as nearly 60% of Papuan inhabitants are transmigrants and majority of native Papuans are loyal Indonesian citizens who actively participated in Indonesian national and political life.

Abt East Timor, some groups might disagreed with Habibie's plan to expel East Timor from Indonesia since they were not consulted first, but overwhelming majority of Indonesians approved the eviction of East Timor from Republic of Indonesia since the original aim of taking-over East Timor (neutralisation of potential communist state during Cold War) has became redundant, while the resourceless half-island only served as financial liability for Indonesia.

@BOAZ_David:

Don't equate your experiences in Malaysia with Indonesia. In Malaysia, Islam is the state religion, while Indonesia is a secular country where all religions are considered equal.

Indonesia never planned to "Islamice" Papua. The Muslim transmigrants are there to relieve over-population in their home provinces.

In fact, it is Indonesian/Indonesian-licensed missionaries who are responsible for spread of Christianity in Papua, as at the end of Dutch rule, overwhelming majority of native Papuans are Stone-Age "pagans", while today almost 70% of Papuan inhabitants are Christians (including Christian transmigrants). Indonesian law ensure that all governors and district chiefs in Papua province are native Papuans, who are mostly Christians. Indonesian military chiefs (Gen George Toisutta) and police chiefs (Comm. Tommy Jacobus) in Papua are always Christians. As a Christian missionary, you should realise that Indonesia is the sole supporter and defender of Christianity in Papua.
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Tuesday, 4 April 2006 11:03:07 AM
[Deleted for abuse]
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Tuesday, 4 April 2006 11:10:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy