The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whatever happened to 'no compulsion in religion'? > Comments

Whatever happened to 'no compulsion in religion'? : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 28/3/2006

The Afghan government of Hamid Karzai caught out trying to revive the old Taliban legacy - charging Abdul Rahman with converting to Christianity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Irfan asks Arjay:

"Arjay, can you provide me with at least 3 demographic studies that show that at least 15% of the 1.2 billion Muslims across the plant have a propensity for violence? That shouldn't be all that difficult, should it? "

What would be the point Irfan? Even if muslims were all pacifists, docile citizens anywhere they go, Islam will still be a threat to humanity and the free world as we know it.

It doesn't matter if islamic laws are the fairest of all earthly and heavenly laws - the core ideology behind Islam IS the threat to free civilisation.

Why? Because theologically speaking it is based on the wrong God-like figure (Allah) and a false prophet; that contradict all established canon of the One (true) God.

So how can anyone trust such an imposition from a moraly starved religion? And to what purpose? Are muslims so different that universally accepted civil laws cannot suit them? Will your laws improve our civil laws?

I am not saying the "west" is perfect - far from it - but Islam is one evil we can do without. Thanks but No thanks.

On subject: one lucky man escapes beheading (for now) - what about the hundreds and thousands who are killed every year for the same crime? The difference is they never make the news.
Posted by coach, Saturday, 1 April 2006 2:08:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
coach passes the following fatwa ...

"Why? Because theologically speaking it is based on the wrong God-like figure (Allah) and a false prophet; that contradict all established canon of the One (true) God."

so i guess on that basis, you will say the same thing about hare krishnas, hindus, sikhs, jains, animists from southern sudan, mormons, shintos, buddhists, confucians, etc etc.

what you are effectively saying is that anyone who isn't jewish or christian is inherently violent.

well done, coach. in one single posting, you have managed to pit yourself against over half of humanity. and i'm sure plenty of christians will find what you say offensive as well.

may God/Allah/G-d strengthen your hand. coach. with critics like you, i may as well stop writing.
Posted by Irfan, Sunday, 2 April 2006 2:32:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan,

If you re-read my post carefully, I did not allude to muslim violence or non-violence.

My questions were in relation to the worth of religious law extracting their values from the morality of a false religion: Islam – and the imposition of such laws on a free secular society, i.e. Australia.

My reference was not at violence per se - which is an inherent trait in all humans – but on Islam and its threat to humanity from imposing laws that condone such violence; deeming (such laws) as an acceptable course of jurisprudence.

So my questions again:

1. So how can anyone trust such an imposition from a moraly starved religion?
2. And to what purpose?
3. Are muslims so different that universally accepted civil laws cannot suit them?
4. Will your laws improve our civil laws?

And please don’t stop writing on my account after all it's critics like me that are supposed to keep you honest.

If anything you should rejoice - I'm adding to your tally for this thread.
Posted by coach, Sunday, 2 April 2006 4:03:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Comment deleted for abuse and poster suspended.]
Posted by Benjamin, Monday, 3 April 2006 2:56:27 PM
Oh, and don't bring up Nth Ireland. That was over land. No priests quoted bible justifying killings. IRA didn't want to smash British culture, where men must have beard!

This doesn't even take into account the trouble Muslims cause in EVERY western diaspora (except the US, as they don't have the dole, so no ghetto's, although they still have terrorism concerns) with shocking violent crimes, racial gang rapes (never seen in western culture apart from war time) rorting of our benefits (recent study by Centrelink said that ethnics & indigeneous are the main rorters)also Medicare, insurance, compensation, Smith Family (I know a lady who works there, she says Muslims come in on the day they can get vouchers for rent every 60 days - in new cars, nice clothes, only Anglo's you see there are drug addicts), & organised crime, which the AFP say is about 30% of national total.

ALL THIS FROM JUST 2% OF OUR POPULATION.

Then there is the political crap you cause, get rid of nativity scenes, muslim women swimming lessons, Sharia to stone homosexuals (there was a meeting where Lakemba based Sheik Shadi called for Sharia courts so Muslims could kill gays. Why didn't you protest this? Is he not a real Muslim too?) and MUCH MORE. The disgusting Keysar Trad, who likened Australians to convict scum & supports terrorists in Iraq (evident from comments when captive Doug Wood was released, where he said Wood should be grateful, they fed him) and much more.

Not to mention the unemployment rate.

If there was a cost benefit analysis of having an Islamic community, do you doubt the outcome? Yet you mention handful of Muslims (those who assimilated) in high positions.

Why can't we swim next to Muslim women? I know it's because we will contaminate them, because, somehow, SOMEHOW, Muslims believe they are superior.

How is that even possible? What evidence is there for it?

Can you answer my concerns instead of just playing the race card? I think I've established that it is your community that is xenophobic.

Can't even swim next to your women?
Posted by Benjamin, Monday, 3 April 2006 3:05:50 PM
What have Muslim people imports done to improve Australia and our communities
Can they ever assimilate without throwing in the laws of Islam and the false prophet mohammed,"Look what we do five times a day as our compass points east",
In one big nation recently (I won't name it as the muslims heavies will be sent ther to cause chaos).

The local immam was watching Christians feed hundreds of people on a daily basis right opposite the mosque he is boss man of.
One day he just had to go and ask these Christians why they do this,he said that if it was muslims doing this that they would only be feeding muslims,but they were feeding everyone, no matter who or what colour or religion they were.
The Christians told him that God loved everyone,he immediately as asked to become a Christian and was born again, according to Jesus Christ's words that to enter the Kingdom of God "You must be born again", NT John ch 3 vs 3-7.
He then went to his mosque of 500 people and shared with the congregation about Jesus Christ The Son of God and 200 accepted Christ as their personal Saviour.

Not only that but they wanted to be baptised immediately in the crocodile infested river which they did. Good story eh!
Check this out on too dangerous to give website .
Posted by dobbadan, Tuesday, 4 April 2006 10:12:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All