The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pro-choice and Catholic: A mother's story > Comments

Pro-choice and Catholic: A mother's story : Comments

By Kate Mannix, published 8/2/2006

Kate Mannix scrutinises the Catholic Church and pro-life advocates over motherhood and abortion.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. All
You have convinced me Kate. I hope Tony Abbott reads your very accurate article,
Posted by Carrots, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 10:18:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Kate, but like the position of most pro-choice people: shallow, callow and fallow. Like the pro-choice woman who told me: "I had an abortion....and it was a wonderful experience". Sorry, but the brutality and violence of abortion diminishes the spirit of those who would choose this act of cowardice.
Posted by Francis, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 11:59:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Francis,

I don't believe you. Either you are lying through your teeth, or the pro-choice woman was winding you up. In which case, good on her.
Posted by KRS 1, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 12:16:02 PM
While Kate Mannix's post might be accused of having a little too much "earth-mother" hyperbole in it, I find your response, Francis, narrow and demeaning. How dare you assume that each woman who undertakes an abortion does so with little thought. Each woman who finds herself in such a situation has to deal with a huge range of consequences both before and after the termination. It is not so cut-and-dried as you seem to imply.

Too much of the debate is about power over women, too little is about common sense and support.
Posted by jimoctec, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 12:19:43 PM
Poor KRS1.....afraid to accept reality. Her or his last comment,however, reveals the callousness of heart of this brutal act. Many would have said the same, i.e. "good on you", to the Nazis.
Posted by Francis, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 12:21:28 PM
Amazing isn't it, how soon ignoramuses cite Hitler on OLO. Francis, my position isn't one of callousness. As a man, I respect the human agency of women. When it is my foetus, then i'm within my rights to demand a say in its future. When it's not, I can't. All the women I've known who've had an abortion did so with great sadness and after great soul-searching. I expect most women do. And if they don't, so what? It's their womb, and their decision. Of course, none of this changes the fact that your story about the recreational abortionee is obviously fictional- the kind of obnoxious, insulting, pathetic fiction that zealots usually compose about their opponents.
Posted by KRS 1, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 12:32:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy