The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > To clone or not to clone > Comments

To clone or not to clone : Comments

By David van Gend, published 16/1/2006

David van Gend argues cloning is both morally wrong and medically unnecessary.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Good on you for being fair and honest, Big Al. Please take my suggestion that in this context, perhaps we should say 'ovum on your face' in the friendly spirit in which it's made.
Posted by anomie, Wednesday, 1 February 2006 12:28:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Big Al

Thanks for your last comment.

If you need to look for papers on medical research try http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi

No journalistic spin just the original publications.

Cheers
Steve Madden
Posted by Steve Madden, Wednesday, 1 February 2006 12:52:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anomie, if it's all the same to you, I'll settle for the egg!

Steve, I'll have a look at that website, and from now on I'll double check the dates! I don't think anyone changes their mind in these "arm wrestles" but there's nothing like a "full and frank exchange of views" as the diplomats say.
Posted by Big Al 30, Wednesday, 1 February 2006 9:40:00 PM
I personally think that "Human Embro Cloning" is not recognised as the one cure, and is not by all means the answer to all Human complications and diseases. Which today is widely known too affect the majority of everyday living people around the world. While Scientists are desperately trying to find a known cure for the most common diseases such Heart Disease or serious Cancer, we are still yet years away of trying to eliminate these harmful threats to human life. This is a new begining to research itself, and this could be the closest way of understanding the cause, to these life threatening illnesses and hopefully finding a successful cure.

While organ transpants are now being used too help save lives, there is still no guarantee's patients will find a match, or there is always a possiblity that the human body will reject the living organ.
The Embro hopefully can be used to create new growth natually, from the human DNA without causing complications.

Doing this could help prolong life to translant and disease suffers until a cure is found. If given a second chance at life is possible, Wouldn't you say that anything worth trying is better then having no cure at all? At least this is a start and maybe very successful in the future, if only people could give it a chance and be thankful that something is being done, and realise that every step taken will one day lead to a cure.
Posted by xanthia, Thursday, 6 July 2006 8:06:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy