The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Being the wrong kind of Muslim ... > Comments

Being the wrong kind of Muslim ... : Comments

By Shakira Hussein, published 18/11/2005

Shakira Hussein argues moderate Muslims are as fearful of Muslim terrorists as non-Muslims are.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 40
  7. 41
  8. 42
  9. Page 43
  10. 44
  11. All
Fellow_Human,

No one needs to be a PhD in anything to understand the following. As long as you can read, God will explain it to you - if you believe in Him.

John 1: 1-18 [The Word Became Flesh ]

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

4In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.

7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.

8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' "

16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
Posted by coach, Saturday, 17 December 2005 9:21:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_Human,
The concept "Word" is the foundation of an idea expressed. God had eternally in his heart and mind the intention that gave creation its form and in man his perfect human expression of his spiritual character. Adam was originally intended to be that person but he committed sin; now the apostles witnessed here the dynamic of the character of God in a real living human.

Trinitarians unfortunately have given commentary to a spatial image of God by the use of the idea "with". In their mind it means "along side of". But God is Spirit and not dimensional; so spatial imagery is irrelevant. If I said bring me the book WITH the words about God, it would not mean "as well as or other than that book"; it would mean it is exactly the book itself. It means it is IN the book not beside the book. The word was "IN GOD", that word is intrinsic to God's expression in creation, to human enlightenment and life. That word became expressed in one human that was rejected by those that were supposed to recognise him. Those that recognised the exact character of God, was dynamically demonstrated in him, received enlightenment to copy him in character, attitudes and actions. These persons are born of God, because the Spirit of God is born in them.

Trinitarians fail to recognise the genetic flesh of Jesus does not identify him in any way as God. The fact is God is spirit so character and attitudes express Him; and that expression is lived out in human flesh. Jesus as a spatial being was never "with God'. Such image places dimensional aspects to God, which is not what John teaches. However Roman Christians have given commentary that would indicate this, but they overlook John 1:18. The spiritual qualities of grace and truth that was in the heart of God to be expressed in man came by one - Christ, whose spirit was only fathered by God. No one has ever seen God, but Christ who expresses the very heart of God has made him known.
Posted by Philo, Saturday, 17 December 2005 11:14:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coach and Philo

Correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is that Fellow_Human was in the first instance, reared as a Christian. I am fairly certain that he and BOAZ_David have discussed same in the past.

If I am correct, FH does not need instruction with regarding reading the Bible - and the many interpretations which can be levelled at the Big Book.

Cheers
Merry Christmas
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Saturday, 17 December 2005 5:20:59 PM
Kay,

You are (as usual) wrong – I respect your concern but you (and most secular Australians) don’t understand the consequences of such dialogues.
This is a spiritual warfare against the forces of evil. It is faught in the heavenly realms

1. FH never said he was raised as a Christian – all he said was that he went to a Catholic school. (Hardly the right place for that)
2. FH cannot read the bible for fear of discovering the truth.
3. Muslims are brainwashed with their own interpretations and completely sheltered from investigating any other notion.
4. My greatest struggle is to make him THINK for himself. He won’t.

You too need to understand the difference between Truth and Lies. Please don’t take that the wrong way – I care dearly for you and this country.
Just think of our grand children one day. What legacy do you want to leave for them? I can hear them saying to you and me: where were you when our country was invaded? Why didn’t you DO something about it? What’s a Church daddy?
Posted by coach, Saturday, 17 December 2005 5:52:54 PM
Coach, for someone that believes in truth, you certainly lack it. With FH, BD and Philo, I respect their knowledge of their religion They at least can think for themselves, you seem to totally lack that ability, oh mentally crippled and enslaved one.

You coach, would be one the most ignorant people I have ever heard that professes to know the historical works of the so called bible and Koran. Read the original texts and their history, then some day you may obtain a bit of credibility from others. Being bereft of intellect, doesn't excuse you for being so inaccurate and wrong in just about everything you say. Lets just say, that everything you say or quote is fanciful and an example of your deluded arrogant ignorance

The supposed old testament parchments were written about 300 BC, not 1000BC. What you call the bible, and the translation you appear to use, is only a couple of hundred years old. Maybe you use the modern American version, then I can understand your total confusion in fact.

New testament parchments consist of more than 3500 documents, None were written by those ascribed to them. They were written by professional scribes, with comments in the columns. None were written before 75AD, most in the 2nd century making your apostles rather old to have written them. Some of the apostles were illiterate, so couldn't have written them. They didn't receive gospel names until hundreds of years later, the name the bible, was first used in the 13 century when the book was constructed in its present form.

So coach, learn theological history, read the Nag hammadi, Coptus minos, plus the thousands of historical documents and works that totally refute all your inaccurate and intellectually inept delusions. Show us your knowledge on the gospels that aren't included, explain the difference between your bible and the historical facts. A church coach, as with a mosque, is an evil endevour, so won't be missed by anyone except the mentally unevolved.
Posted by The alchemist, Sunday, 18 December 2005 12:06:27 PM
Alchemist,

I'd rather be a complete ignoramus and be in God's kingdom and part of His family than claim to be an intellectual savant and stay out.

I guess you chose the latter.

13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.

14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

PS How about responding to the challenge instead of fluffing your feathers like a turkey. I and other posters are still waiting.
Posted by coach, Sunday, 18 December 2005 12:51:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 40
  7. 41
  8. 42
  9. Page 43
  10. 44
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy