The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Religious tolerance will ensure community safety > Comments

Religious tolerance will ensure community safety : Comments

By Mark Zirnsak, published 24/8/2005

Mark Zirnsak argues it is time to stop the misinformation campaign against the Victorian Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Kactuz - I AM AN ATHEIST - I do not follow any one - I am responsible for my own actions.

BD & Kac - following your logic the same can be said for many atrocities commited in the name of christ - should I fear you?

Mark Zirnsak has been proved correct by the narrow minded and hostile posts attempting to spread misinformation and to vilify an entire religion for the actions of a FEW NUTBAG TERRORISTS.

OKAY?
Posted by Xena, Thursday, 8 September 2005 8:20:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Xena
You say you are “an atheist” – and that “you are responsible for your own actions”. So what do you base your opinions on? You so easily dismiss the evidence of others as “narrow minded and hostile posts attempting to spread misinformation and to vilify an entire religion for the actions of a FEW NUTBAG TERRORISTS” , All the ‘right’ words there, narrow minded, vilify, misinformation, but how do you know? What research have YOU done?
Yes, people have strayed from the original topic – but mainly because people like yourself appear to base your responses on your own preconceived ideas and/or ideology, which appears to be based on ‘there is no God, all religions are equally worthless’ so the information they give is also worthless or biased. Instead of being prepared to look at the facts before making your ‘judgements’ you dismiss them.
It is the same with lifestyle choices – people ignore the truth because it suits them to – if they did look at the facts, the dangers, the effect on the society, they might be persuaded to change their minds or modify their behaviour and that would never do, would it?
When you believe in ‘nothing’ you think can do what you like, but it is that sort of thinking which causes society to collapse into the sort of anarchy we have seen in New Orleans in recent days.
You said in your post of Sept. 7 that you don’t know how to interpret the information that is presented to you, yet you are prepared to call it “continual trashing” and “a form of hatred”? Is this unwillingness to accept other peoples facts simply an extension of how easily people want to dismiss any opposition to their own chosen minority lifestyle?
Posted by Peter Stokes, Thursday, 8 September 2005 10:25:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Xena...

There are sure a lot of Atheists here that are really protective of a certain religion (You and Trinity, for example). Anyway, that is fine with me. I don't really care if you are Atheist, Buddhist, Christian or Don't know.

But you didn't answer my question!

I would think that as a certified, grade AAA atheist you could do so without hesitation.

I will make it easy. Type the following words:

BASED UPON ISLAMIC ACCOUNTS OF THE LIFE OF THE PROPHET MOHAMMUD, ON OCASSIONS HE HAD PEOPLE HORRIBLY TORTURED.

That statement is just a simple reading of the Hadiths - there should be nothing controversial or difficult about it. Then, based on the above, add something like this (you can use your own words, but be direct):

I CONDEMN TORTURE. I CONDEMN PEOPLE WHO TORTURE. BECAUSE OF THESE RECORDED ACTIONS, MOHAMMUD WAS A TORTURER AND THEREFORE A VILE, EVIL MAN.

That should not be hard. It is merely a matter of reading history and making a simple value judgement (A+B=C).

For 2 months I have been trying to get people to admit the obvious. I kind of suspected that it would be difficult with Muslims (denial, denial and more denial...). This is actually a project I started about Muslims deleting "inconvenient" postings (no matter how true) on Islamic sites (You can't collect their replies if they not only don't answer your question, but delete the post). It then evolved into a "lets see if they can be honest" research on non-Muslim sites. I have saved all the my posts and replys (or lack thereof) and entire threads and I'll put them on the Internet.

So, dear Muslims, please explain these events in the life of your dear prophet so that all people can understand them properly from the Islamic prospective. I don't want anybody to say that I didn't give Muslims a chance to defend their dear leader and/or justify his actions. I will end this project this weekend, so speak up!

Kactuz
Posted by kactuz, Friday, 9 September 2005 1:51:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The track record for christians is hardly any better. The KKK are murderers therefore all christians are murderers. Just using your sad logic kactuz

Cheers
Posted by Xena, Friday, 9 September 2005 9:07:18 AM
Xena,
You lack perception of reality and understanding of the basic concepts and foundations of a religion. The logic is not the same. Books or articles written by the KKK are not the authorised text of the Christian Faith. The Hadiths are writings from the early life of the prophet from that they interpret the Koran. Please identify a text written by the KKK used as authoritive text by all Christians. NONE!
Posted by Philo, Friday, 9 September 2005 10:10:53 AM
Oh, poor Philo, I fully understand why you would want to distance christianity from those KKK extremists, it is really upsetting when your religion is linked to extremist groups now isn't it?
Posted by Xena, Friday, 9 September 2005 1:52:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All