The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Justifying rape? Most Muslims won't defend the indefensible > Comments

Justifying rape? Most Muslims won't defend the indefensible : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 13/5/2005

Irfan Yusuf argues a Muslim leader's controversial comments on rape do not reflect the view of the majority.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi Mr 10 years,

Not sure I know who you are by my point is simple:

We spend too much time and energy trying to prove who is right and who is wrong. Very few focus on what we have in common as humans.

Modernisation and secularism is driving extremism on all fronts.
Your statement proves my point: an atheist who believes 'he is right' and everyone else is wrong!

Compare how many statements about atheists trying to 'prove' that any God worshipper 'got it wrong' or religions followers trying to prove each other wrong!.

Now pause and look for any of these ideals followers are actually focussed on a coexistence agenda or human progress...

The world will be a better place if we reverse that equation...and by the way...I started by using my real name..:):)

Ash
Posted by Fellow_Human, Friday, 17 June 2005 8:35:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Ashraf,
and it is not Mr. Ten Years. The point was you should have recognized me if you read the quotation by your late father...
yours,
M
Posted by ten years in a muslim country, Friday, 17 June 2005 8:52:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ahaa...I know who you are 'Ms' ten years!
Longtime no see (2000)no debate! (1996 was it?) Hope all is well.
You got my point anyway.

How did you ever find this Australian site?
My email address is still the same..

Ashraf
Posted by Fellow_Human, Saturday, 18 June 2005 2:09:05 AM
I have serious doubts if there is even a "moderate" Muslim majority. It seems that 'extremist' Muslims persecute and kill, while 'moderates' make excuses, saying it has nothing to do with Islam and Muslims.

Islam is intolerant and promotes hate. Period. Or maybe it is just coincidence that almost all Muslim countries are major human rights abusers, that women, minorities and other religions are oppressed. No wonder they want to come to the West - and when they arrive in numbers in a Western country, they bring their intolerance and violence with them. The issue of rape is old. Do a Google search for "rape", "Muslims" and the name of any country in Europe (or Australia).

Islam is what Muslims do, not what they say. The same is true for Christianity and Buddhists and every other religion. It must also be said that Islam is what Muslims do where they dominate, not where they are a minority.

I don't even believe that Muslims want honest dialogue. They want to set rules so they are exempt from criticism, and cannot be offended.

Well, If Muslims have a right to be offended by what people say about their religion, I have a right to be offended about what Muslims do to women, or to other religions where they dominate. I am offended by a belief that calls itself a "religion of peace" and then immediately starts making threats (ask Irshad Manji or Hirsi Ali!). I am offended by a religion that states that "there is no compulsion in religion" on a web page, and on the same page says that any Muslim leaving Islam should be put to death. I am offended by people that say Mohammed was a shining "example", and do not consider the poor souls taken by him and put to death or subjected to slavery.

The fact is that the "muslim" problem is not going away. Within about 5 years it will become a major social issue, and people will get hurt, unless Muslims change and become tolerant. That probably won't happen.
Posted by kactuz, Thursday, 7 July 2005 9:02:05 AM
Kaktuz,

In all your postings you are not suggesting any solutions.
Imagine if all of us apply the same: look for bad examples, trace them to a race, religion or culture. then all people following this race/ culture are bad. Let me see: in your logic, all lebs will be thieves, all vietnamese are into drugs and all christians are child molesters...hmm...let me guess: you are the only good guy and your beliefs are the best..right? we were all there when we are teenagers..that will create a beautiful society....

Thank you for stopping by,

AK
Posted by Fellow_Human, Monday, 11 July 2005 5:04:07 PM
Remember this...

From
http://www.smh.com.au/news/miranda-devine/absent-father-who-bred-a-gaggle-of-monsters/2005/07/23/1121539188881.html

It was a destructive process, but in the end the legal system did what it was supposed to do...

The brothers' habit of videotaping their attacks as souvenirs damned them. Of course, there are several victims who never came forward...

But to their father, a GP in Sydney's west, it is Australia that is unjust... Dr K has maintained his sons' innocence all along, even after viewing in court one of the videotapes... It showed a comatose 13-year-old girl, drunk or drugged, and the brothers performing degrading criminal acts on her body.

During one of his sons' trials, Dr K revealed his views about Australian girls to a reporter: "What do they expect to happen to them? Girls from Pakistan don't go out at night."

In court Dr K complained his sons, "did not know the culture of this country"...

In Pakistan, "honour rapes" have a long tradition. In one case that has become an international feminist cause, a woman was gang raped by 13 men on the order of a village council as a punishment because her brother had befriended a woman...

Police say Dr K, 65, arrived in Australia in the 1970s... He went back to Pakistan to find a wife (who)bore him seven sons. Only when they were approaching adulthood did he bring them to Australia.

...The end result was that the four brothers became cultural suicide bombers. They destroyed the lives of trusting girls, damaged the dignity of the court and trampled on our traditions of racial harmony and respect for women while throwing away their own futures.

They mocked the court, demanded Muslim jurors and lawyers who were experts in Muslim law overseas. The oldest brother, MSK, swore at a judge, faked mental illness and tried every ruse to delay proceedings and wear down the victims. The mother of one victim tells of farcical scenes in court when MSK, sitting at the bar table representing himself, threw broken glass at her, hurled pears at the jury and tossed a glass of water at the judge's bench.

and so on......

Kactuz
Posted by kactuz, Friday, 26 August 2005 6:35:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy