The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Book review: God under Howard > Comments

Book review: God under Howard : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 23/3/2005

Bill Muehlenburg argues Marion Maddox’s book ‘God Under Howard: The Rise of the Religious Right in Australian Politics’ is neither objective nor balanced.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Bill you realy don't get this book review concept do you? When your on the exterme right anything not in line with your thinking is going to look left.
Posted by Kenny, Wednesday, 23 March 2005 12:00:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
waiting for an OBJECTIVE assessment of the religious right?

I was hoping for an OBJECTIVE review of the book…
Posted by Dagny Taggart, Wednesday, 23 March 2005 12:26:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bill Muehlenburg's bio says he is the National Vice President of the Australian Family Association. How can anyone with such a strong religious conservative agenda possibly give an objective review of this book?
What an insult to its readers.

Get Bob Brown to review the book as well, in the interests of fairness.
Posted by zzymurgy, Wednesday, 23 March 2005 1:38:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Since he obviously hasn't read it, somebody should tell Bill Muehlenburg that The Da Vinci Code is a fictional work that doesn't purport to be anything else - unlike the gospels of which he is so enamoured.

He should also learn that, while it is incumbent upon a reviewer to provide an objective and balanced review of a book for the benefit of those of us who haven't had the opportunity to read it, the same does not apply to the author of the work under review - who is at liberty to be as polemical as she or he likes.

Ho hum... yet another tirade from the Christian far right. Why is it that OLO has become such a platform for them?

Morgan
Posted by morganzola, Wednesday, 23 March 2005 3:50:20 PM
Well, you know what they say about the Christian right, don't you? They are neither very Christian, nor right.
Posted by enaj, Wednesday, 23 March 2005 4:35:02 PM
Havent read the book 'god under howard' but have heard Marion Maddox interviewed on ABC radio. Good thing I did because Muehlenburg's review told me nothing about the book but all about his religious/political POV.

Bill you are supposed to review the book - instead you chose to let loose with your own little world view.

Now I'm definitely going to read the book. Oh yeah Bill I'll make up my own mind, you protested too loud for me to take you seriously.
Posted by Ambo, Wednesday, 23 March 2005 5:37:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy