The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Metrosexual males in mascara > Comments

Metrosexual males in mascara : Comments

By Daniel Donahoo, published 18/3/2005

Daniel Donahoo argues that men wearing makeup is not a pretty sight.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I'm just a teenager, but i find some men with make-up attractive.
Posted by x0x_kristen_x0x, Thursday, 31 March 2005 10:40:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ringtail, my 'carved you up' .. was a QUESTION... u claimed I said that, but I couldn't find it in my posts, I said I only remember 'roadkill' and I'm TRYing to be a bit light hearted here.. gimme a break will ya and please LOOK for the smileys...

I don't think complementing you on your most impressive approach to handling the pressures of family, work and personal fulfillment could be construed as 'having a go at you' ? can it ?

For someone who is probably WAY more fulfilled than those poor women who are enduring a crush morning and night to be be at the 'office' while they are stressing out about their babies in child care I don't know why u have a go at ME all the time ? err.. I've not said women can't have equal access to most jobs, but female biology dictates (NOT ME) that some occupations are not appropriate.

My problem is with women trying to be men, there are differences u know. Have u not seen Policewomen being pushed aside by male protesters ? I sure have. If the history of my country depended on a battle involving hand to hand combat, only a lunatic would put women on the front line.

Do u 'get' it yet ? man..I'm slipping.. no bible verses yet. Hmmm.. maybe its just common sense talking here than my 'bigotry' :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 1 April 2005 5:06:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz, I am aware that you write passionately about your beliefs - and so do I.

Check your post above dated Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:07:45 PM, where you claimed to have carved me up. I find it interesting how often you use such physical terms in your responses to my posts but I don't see that in your responses to others.

I have noticed also that when you have been brought to task about the strident vehemence of your posts by others you frequently back down and claim "joke". Nothing wrong with humour - I use it myself from time to time. However I think you doth protest too much when confronted with some of your more extreme comments.

Having said that, however, I also believe you genuinely care about others - you sound alot more mentally balanced than say Timkins or Ozaware (whose website I have checked and found to be the epitomy of 'verbal bludgeoning' Ozaware may not be religious but he appears to be some kind of zealot).

Well this is nothing about males in mascara - just using this forum to talk to you. So I will justify this post by saying that in my youthful years I found many a made up rock star eg Robert Smith from the Cure or Iggy Pop as very attractive indeed. However men in rock 'n roll are a complete other culture and Daniel's article was referring to the average bloke.
Posted by Ringtail, Friday, 1 April 2005 7:05:36 AM
Hey Kristen,

I'm interested in your point of view. OFten these things are fashions. Egyptian pharaohs wore make-up, as did European Restoration dandies. Captain Cook probably wore make-up occasionally, and if not he, surely Joseph Banks did. When you say you find some men in makeup attractive, can you give us any examples that we would know? Are they making some sort of a statement about who they are, their sexuality, or is it a fashion statement?
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 1 April 2005 7:16:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the metrosexual isn't even a general media construction, I think it was invented in this forum by the collective will of posters. For the record, metrosexuals do not exist, they are just a figment of your collective imagination.
Posted by Penekiko, Friday, 1 April 2005 8:25:31 AM
What a clash of the egos!
Posted by TrueBlue, Friday, 1 April 2005 10:54:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy