The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cannon fodder of the culture wars > Comments

Cannon fodder of the culture wars : Comments

By Kevin Donnelly, published 11/2/2005

Kevin Donnelly argues that politics should stay out of the classroom.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Grace, everyone is entitled to their opinions. If a bunch of professors want to sit around and bemoan the state of their countries that's fine. I had to sit through the Hawk & Keating years and I thought exactly the same thing - how the hell could anybody vote for these nauseous nitwits!

However, I would like to think that if I was in a position of influence I wouldn't have been so arrogant and haughty that I would have said so publicly and so insulted the majority of Australians who, at the end of the day, clearly are not nitwits.
Posted by bozzie, Friday, 11 February 2005 8:18:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear here we go again another piece of tripe churned out by Kev.
And the same rabid right wing zealots backing him up. But wait who is this ozaware chap have not seen them before (or have we?). First of all the link you gave us was rather sad. Putting your thoughts or more correctly ravings on a web page doesn’t make them come true. Hitler was a good catholic boy who when a little bit mad. Just cause he put some lefty sounding slogans in his talks did not make him a lefty.

Ozaware please don’t tell us your going to add your bantum weight to the already over represented ribid ring wingers on this site. I think I’ll have to call to ribid lefty’s I know to balance you out.

Kev have you applied for a job teaching yet? Some people say we need more right wing teachers.
Posted by Kenny, Friday, 11 February 2005 8:41:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been reading more of the web site that Ozaware put up. Did you put it up as a joke? For anybody not indoctrinated into Christian fundamentalism have a read it's a testament to the authors stupidity and ignorance . As Plato said “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
Posted by Kenny, Friday, 11 February 2005 8:50:29 PM
Kenny... its 'RABID' not ribid.
and another thing.
All I see from you is 'abuse abuse abuse' I rarely if EVER see you take an issue and deal with it factually as opposed to emotionally.
Its probably a good idea to call some of your left wing mates, they might actually try to put fact and analysis ahead of the rantings and emotion that you accuse everyone else of.
Ozaware is not a Christian in the fundy sense at all. His position is from a cultural standpoint.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 11 February 2005 9:29:16 PM
All politicians are liars and meglomaniacs so there is hardly any point in comparing the parties. Paul Keating was an arse who messed up the economy, John Howard is an arse who is wasting tax payers money on an immoral war. (Now we have started it we must see it through, but it was obvious from the start they were lying about WMD and had another agenda). I wish I could vote for my DOG. At least he is consistent in his likes and desires and he REALLY DOES have my best interests at heart, and you cannot say that about any politican or political party no matter what they try to spin.

Left wing or right, you'd be foolish to think your vote would make a difference.

The thing that annoys me the most is that politicians break election promises. I see this as a verbal contract, and I think we should be able to hold them to it.
Posted by jcl, Saturday, 12 February 2005 2:12:01 AM
JCL

http://www.familyfirst.org.au/

:)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 12 February 2005 8:51:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All