The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What price liberty? > Comments

What price liberty? : Comments

By Colin Lamont, published 8/2/2005

Colin Lamont argues that sometimes it is necessary to deny civil liberties to some in order to guarantee them for all.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
So who decides who is a terrorist and who gets picked up and taken away. Should all Muslims be picked up? They did bomb a nightclub in Bali? Should all Americans be picked up? They invaded Afghanistan and Iraq? Abortion is legal but Boaz David disapproves, should he be picked up and thrown in jail? Environmentalists are the ones who trespassed and put nails in trees to damage equipment and possibly maim forestry workers? I don't know much about logging and forestry, but I have Environmental in the name of my business. Should I be picked up, just to be sure that the public is protected?

Colin Lamont says he knows who the terrorists are? He says it worked in Hong Kong, do we need it here?
Posted by ericc, Sunday, 13 February 2005 12:43:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ericcc
good point, but the only greenies I'd be picking up would be Mr Brown and perhaps the identifiable perpetrators of the nails in trees type acts.

Its not hard to identify the people driving agenda's. Most of these people don't work in isolation, they are members of groups like the 'Resistance' etc.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 13 February 2005 2:43:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy