The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Big man Beazley: solid, reliable, gutless > Comments

Big man Beazley: solid, reliable, gutless : Comments

By Nick Ferrett, published 28/1/2005

Nick Ferrett questions the reinstatement of Beazley as leader of the Labor Party.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Arjay-
Your mentioning Hitler may not be far off the mark. Howard has aligned with the Bush government, but the Neo-Cons are monsters, and if the truth where to finally come out regards certain things, then they could put Hitler to shame. Iraq is now a heavily poisoned country. Which country is next, or where will they stop?

I think that if Howard or the Liberals keep aligning themselves with Bush (and indirectly aligning the whole of Australia with Bush also), then we could all pay the price. The US economy is on the verge of collapse, and Australia could go with it.

The Labor party has to stop pandering to the lefties, and get its act together, so as to give some type of opposition.

Boaz –
Occasionally, there are public opinion polls that show the % of male / female voters that vote for each party. I have seen some that show male voters at 50 % less than female voters for the Labor party. Who says gender doesn’t matter.
Posted by Timkins, Sunday, 30 January 2005 6:30:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Timithy, We've had a very close alliance with the US since WWII. Whether it be Labor or Liberal, Democrat or Republican hasn't made much difference. Just look at our involvement in Korea, Vietnam etc,etc.

You say that the Neo-conservatives are monsters and if certain information was known they would be shown to be worse than Hitler. What information would that be?

You ask the question which country will be next after Iraq and where will it end? Can you tell us why there would be another country and what you see as the ultimate end?

The US economy is on the verge of collapse?!! Where's your evidence for that? By the way if the worlds largest economy did collapse the whole world would go down with it, not just us because of our alliance.
Posted by Cranky, Monday, 31 January 2005 12:10:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cranky.
We now live in a more globalised world than what it has been in the past, and the situation with the Neo-Cons is quite complex. A good source of general news and information regards what the US is doing can be found in the daily blog at
http://xymphora.blogspot.com/

No one seems to know who writes this blog, but whoever it is seems to be highly accurate most of the time. The Neo-Cons are chasing world domination through the control of oil, but the question is whether or not this domination is for the good of democracy or for the good of the Neo-Cons. I think the latter at present, looking at the way the last US election was run and the way votes were counted. The move away from the US dollar by several countries in recent times is not a good sign, as it appears that the US is becoming more isolated.

In the local political landscape, we need an effective opposition. It is not much use having a government and an opposition when there is no opposition, so the Labor party will have to put together some stronger policies, particularly policies that will attract back the male voters it has lost over the years.
Posted by Timkins, Monday, 31 January 2005 7:42:55 AM
For BOAZ_David,
mmm I think your trouble is your sources getting all your info from your Pastor and bible makes it impossible for you to fully understand. I've read all the different versions of Josephus "history". You need to star reading form sectular and imformed sources.
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 31 January 2005 9:41:16 AM
Timithy, you say, "Occasionally, there are public opinion polls that show the % of male / female voters that vote for each party. I have seen some that show male voters at 50 % less than female voters for the Labor party."

This is an astonishing assertion. Stump up with your sources, Timithy, or I will be forced to conclude that you are deliberately spreading disinformation in line with your anti-women bias, so consistently demonstrated in other forums
Posted by grace pettigrew, Monday, 31 January 2005 10:14:30 AM
Kenny....
what the heck are u on about ???? I hardly said anything about Josephus, and all I was alluding to is the fact that the various factions of the Jews were all fighting each other, while the Romans were outside the city. That is not disputed by any secular commentary that I know of, but let me guess.. ur thinking (for reasons only known to urself) that I'm obliquely referring to JESUS in Josephus ????? I'm fully aware of the debate there also. I dont need a pastor, I'm trained myself. Josephus is valuable not just to provide a few extra biblical proof texts about Jesus.. *whack* :)
BOAZ
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 31 January 2005 10:32:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All