The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Refugees are NOT ok > Comments

Refugees are NOT ok : Comments

By Jane Salmon, published 12/9/2024

They are tired of paying taxes for, yet still missing out on, access to affordable tertiary study, Medicare, bank loans, continuity, permanent jobs. They are tired of children or any remaining relatives instead of hugging them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
More Leftist display of superiority complex.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 12 September 2024 7:39:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trigger warning. This person is a refugee advocate. Asylum-seeking and ‘refugeeism’ are cons, encouraged by “advocates” within.

We do not need whatever it is that she says that “refugees” have to offer; we have our own people, and legal immigration. Just saying, “These people have no other home and are dynamic workers, builders, family and community members”, is emotional : no proof, no thought.

This advocate for interlopers we do not need nor want is using the freedom to have an opinion without the responsibility of thought.

We have enough problems of our own without this sort of mischievous hand-wringing.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 12 September 2024 7:57:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Australa has 100,000+ homeless people and you want me to care about these people who in your words 'have taken long breaks from home comforts to sleep on hard ground'?
You think because you deliberately camped out in the street overnight that it means you're automatically entitled to extra stuff?

- These 'Asylum seekers' have nice taxpayer paid 'home comforts'?

Why does Australia have 100,000+ homeless people?
Answer = Too many bloody immigrants!

Sorry not sure we have the room for any more permanent residents right now.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 12 September 2024 1:59:00 PM
Too many different issues bundled together:

"yet still missing out on, access to affordable tertiary study, Medicare, bank loans, continuity, permanent jobs. They are tired of children or any remaining relatives instead of hugging them. They want to know when the fear of deportation will finally lift. They would love to be able to get mortgages and look forward to voting."

Sloppy grammar too: have refugees arrived because they were tired of their children and relatives and therefore failed to hug them?

So of the above, I support just two:
1) They should not be prevented from hugging their children and relatives.
2) They should not have to fear deportation.

In other words, do them no harm, but nobody owes them any favours either.

"Refugees can and do offer Australia a great deal."

So what? this is completely irrelevant.

While it is morally repugnant to deny anyone the freedom to physically enter a continent, nobody is obliged to accept others into their society and no reason(s) need even be given.

"Many of them shirk a medical check up at the GP, in the same way that citizens avoid $3000 crowns or root canals."

Those who want a medical check up should pay their GP: I do.

The reason crowns or root canals cost $3000 (I recently paid just about half) is that government made it a punishable criminal offence for anyone else to perform them, other than formally registered dentists who completed that many years of formal studies and are subservient enough to comply with all regulations.

Otherwise, these refugees could treat each other, especially given that they have so much available time to protest!

As for protests, irrespective of what happens inside them, it is legitimate to have a party so long as one does not disturb the neighbours - and it is also legitimate for the neighbours to defend themselves from the noise, smoke, dust and road-blocking, etc. which those partying create. It is OK to express oneself in front of those willing to listen, but it is not OK to try and coerce others to accept you.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 12 September 2024 3:09:31 PM
#Sorry not sure we have the room for any more permanent residents right now#…ac

Unless they be Palestinian refugees subjected to your description of genocide by Israel I take it to mean.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 12 September 2024 4:56:00 PM
The refugees of the past became Nation builders, the new type are Nation wreckers !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 13 September 2024 6:16:19 AM
Dear Indyvidual,

«the new type are Nation wreckers»

I cannot tell whether that is correct, but if so then it makes them welcome as I do not approve of this violent concept of "nation".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 13 September 2024 7:18:53 AM
"Unless they be Palestinian refugees subjected to your description of genocide by Israel I take it to mean."

You mean the 43 families living in tent camps that Israel dropped a 2000lb bomb on the other day that created a 30ft hole in the ground and there is no trace whatsoever of the 43 families?

Maybe we can have your family members switch places and we'll see what you call it afterwards hey?

Israel has done all this to itself you moron.
Don't blame the Palestinians for being pissed off when they turn the TV on.
I'm not providing the weapons and I'm not dropping the bombs.
Direct your frustrations elsewhere.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 13 September 2024 7:54:58 AM
#You mean the 43 families living in tent camps that Israel dropped a 2000lb bomb on the other day that created a 30ft hole in the ground and there is no trace whatsoever of the 43 families#..AC

You really need to turn off Aljazeera , BBC and other antisemitic broadcasters of Islamic propaganda and outright lies.

Your quote above I assume to be the bombing of the unused Al-Jaouni school in Nuseirat Sep 11th, which was identified as a command and control centre for Hamas terrorists.
The death count was actually nine, all of them identified as Hamas terrorist operatives of which three doubled as UNRWA staffers: Muhammad Adnan Abu Zaid, Yasser Ibrahim Abu Sharar and Iyad Matar.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 13 September 2024 9:28:14 PM
And a PS for AC is in order which may help lower his blood pressure:

The forty three families MIA were actually safely evacuated by the IDF prior to the bombing.

And give up on Tucker Carlson son, he’s gone rabidly antisemitic in line with the leftist fanatics.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 13 September 2024 9:57:20 PM
You're funny.

So the IDF sent in evacuation teams for the Palestinians before they bombed them.
I'm pretty sure Hamas would be onto the impending attack and go somewhere else.
Geez you talk some drivel.

I've seen the 30ft hole in the ground and tents lining it.
Don't tell me only 9 people died, geez you talk crap.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-10/dozens-dead-in-gaza-tent-camp-un-convoy-released/104331106

Israel is becoming a economically failed non-viable state.
All Netanyahu can do is keep slaughtering innocents because he doesn't have the military capabilities to attack Hezbollah, and the U.S are indicating 'We won't help you, we don't want a regional war with Iran, if the oil stops flowing out the M/E before November, we're done'.

The world is going to change afer BRICS in October in Kazan.
- If the US doesn't try to use terrorists to bomb it or something.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 14 September 2024 6:32:09 AM
Now you’re quoting twisted logic from the ABC. You just don’t get it.

Further to the three terrorists masquerading as U.N. personnel, the IDF has made repeated requests to the U.N. to question the ID and circumstances attached to their presence among terrorists in a Hamas command centre, but to date the U.N. has not responded.
The evidence says that UNRWA still collaborates with Hamas in a war zone.

Funny, no serious.

Gaza is a war zone in response to the butcherous unprovoked attack on innocent civilians in Israel on Oct 7th 23, by not only but also around six thousand Hamas terrorists and Palestinian civilians. Video evidence proves that many of the attackers were Palestinian children of which at least one incident recorded were responsible for immolation of babies and other butchery.

There are no innocent Palestinians.

On the other hand, Israel is conducting a careful and targeted response which includes considering the safety of civilians, ( the same civilians including children that slaughtered Israeli babies etc), by warning them with leaflet drops from the air of intended targets, and text messages to phones with the same advice giving them opportunity to seek safety.

The civilian casualties are the lowest ratio civilian casualties in modern war history.
The IDF has sacrificed surprise for welfare of civilians.

It is the illegal actions of Hamas which deliberately embeds itself into under and behind civilian structures causing unintended and unnecessary loss of life to Palestinians, as the IDF retaliates to the unprovoked attack on Oct 7th. Nothing funny!
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 14 September 2024 8:19:55 AM
Hamas which deliberately embeds itself into under and behind civilian structures causing unintended and unnecessary loss of life to Palestinians,
diver dan,
Dumb-$hit Westerners who've had it too good for too long should be sent to Gaza to help the Palestinians under Hamas directions !
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 14 September 2024 2:16:27 PM
#Dumb-$hit Westerners who've had it too good for too long…# Indyvidual.

I think it’s easy to fall into the trap of disbelief at our current Western social dilemma , and that disbelief leads to an misunderstanding of the difference between a judgement of the captured and those with enough historical knowledge to determine the difference between truth and lies, upended by psychological warfare waged by our enemies in the West to brilliant effect.

The most effective outcome for the wreckers of Western society, is internal division between the generations, and the conflict as such built around identification of their respective view of who actually is the enemy.

Thus we observe in this subject of discussion, a void between support of respective groups and towards a differing enemy built upon personal judgments of a cultural past and present.
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 15 September 2024 2:59:00 PM
'There are no innocent Palestinians.'
'The civilian casualties are the lowest ratio civilian casualties in modern war history.'

It make me sad that people actually believe these things to be true.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 15 September 2024 8:29:24 PM
To ignore the obvious tactic of deploying refugees to invade is well within the borders of stupidity.
The more blatantly obvious threats to our future are now the less they'r being taken serious !
That kind of stupidity is being taught !
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 15 September 2024 8:35:03 PM
"Literally, every day I was there, I saw a child shot in the head." - American Doctor in Gaza
http://youtu.be/6UsRS5Ivi68
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 16 September 2024 8:00:36 PM
'There are no innocent Palestinians.' (Not even children)!

UNICEF classifies a child as a minor under the age of 18 yo.

Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups recruit children into their forces and use them in combat.
If children under these circumstances engage the IDF in a fire battle, they are targeted in return fire.
That explains children arriving at Gaza hospitals with head wounds.

FYI.
Here is a link to a recent report on the phenomena.

http://rietjournal.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/EN_RIET_2022_N7_Child-soldiers-in-Palestinian-groups-forced-recruitment-and-use-of-minors-as-a-violation-of-International-Humanitarian-Law_daniel-perez-garcia_art2.pdf

Child soldiers in Palestinian groups: forced recruitment and use of minors as
a violation of International Humanitarian Law:..
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 16 September 2024 9:16:13 PM
I saw footage of numerous kids who had been shot in the head and footage of innocent kids and their mothers being shot. I remember how snipers were shooting at women n churches.

Hezbollah and the Houthis will just keep firing rockets and missiles at Israel then, it doesn't bother me.
But you'll likely be carrying on like a hysterical woman, repeating the lies.

And btw Israel were lying about that hypersonic missiles breaking up mid air, it avoided all of Israels missile defences and hit it's target, just like a recent attack with drones by Hezbollah on Unit 8200 killed 22 and injured 74.
- And 8 years of US bombs on the Houthis didn't do anything.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 17 September 2024 5:42:30 AM
I can't help wondering how many genuine refugees are missing out on help because of so many who clearly aren't genuine. Their antics in Europe are a good indicator that most are non-genuine !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 17 September 2024 6:16:33 PM
Just watch this & tell us what you think !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnBNsn0HUss
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 17 September 2024 10:05:36 PM
The other side of the coin !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtdC7QuW5Ew
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 10:36:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy