The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Life of Zye - who will cry? > Comments

The Life of Zye - who will cry? : Comments

By John Mikkelsen, published 26/8/2024

This is clearly not a move opposing women's rights to abortion, but a move for the rights of real live human babies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Too true Farnortherner and any ignoramus who calls a tiny human baby "a fetus" after it is born alive and kicking, no longer a part of its mother, wouldn't know their arse from their elbow. Harking back to my earlier comment, the clinical midwife who gave emotional evidence to the Queensland parliamentary hearing is Louise Adsett (not Ansett courtesy of spellcheck).
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13759397/Aussie-midwife-louise-adsett-abortion-claim-queensland-parliamentary-inquiry-brisbane.html
Posted by Mikko2, Monday, 26 August 2024 3:16:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mikko2,

Fair enough. Could you answer the following questions for me then?

1. What were the specific methodologies used in the sources cited for the data on infants born alive after failed abortions?

2. How do the numbers of infants born alive after failed abortions compare to the total number of abortions performed during the same period?

3. Are data from other countries, with similar legal frameworks on abortion, accounted for to provide a comparison?

4. What proportion of the cases, where infants were born alive, involved severe congenital abnormalities or other medical conditions that made survival unlikely?

5. How does the legal definition of "live birth" used in the cited data compare across different Australian states and territories?

6. What are the long-term outcomes for infants who are born alive after failed abortions and receive life-sustaining treatment?

I read the fact sheet on Dr Howe’s webpage, but she doesn’t go into any of this. Thanks.
Posted by John Daysh, Monday, 26 August 2024 3:59:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do your own research John D before you shoot the messenger. BTW, the same article has been published in half a dozen forums and there have also been excellent articles by other writers making similar points in the mainstream media last weekend. I'll leave you to it.
Posted by Mikko2, Monday, 26 August 2024 4:44:19 PM
Mikko2,

My questions are foundational to the strength of your case. Don't you think it would have been a good idea to find answers to them first?
Posted by John Daysh, Monday, 26 August 2024 5:16:09 PM
Johh Daysh - I didn't read all your questions as I think you have a cheek - I wonder who you think you are to be so questioning of someone who wrote an opinion piece?
Why don't you do your own research?
I have read mainly about Australian aborted babies.
I know about Queensland and the disgusting treatment these little miracles get when still alive after failed abortion.
I think it is absolutely unbelievable that this is allowed to go on when other matters are treated with much more respect.
It was under the Palazczuk/Miles Labor government that this was passed in Queensland to be allowed.
Posted by Farnortherner, Monday, 26 August 2024 9:04:17 PM
Abortion should be legal but most definitely not an operation of convenience for selfishness !
The Pill has done more damage to society than most wars ! However, the pill is more moral than abortion. There are numerous reasons where abortion is totally right but social life isn't one of them !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 27 August 2024 8:07:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy