The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Childcare – why should you pay for it? > Comments

Childcare – why should you pay for it? : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 22/8/2024

A low-income family that sends two kids to child care full-time, costing $115 a day, will receive $50,830 a year in subsidies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Paul,

«What is better, plant the seed and water it, watch it grow into a healthy tree»

A baobab tree!

"Now there were some terrible seeds on the planet that was the home of the little prince; and these were the seeds of the baobab. The soil of that planet was infested with them. A baobab is something you will never, never be able to get rid of if you attend to it too late. It spreads over the entire planet. It bores clear through it with its roots. And if the planet is too small, and the baobabs are too many, they split it in pieces . . . "

http://www.angelfire.com/hi/littleprince/framechapter5.html
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 23 August 2024 12:14:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Yuyutsu,

Don't take me serious about old folk, there is a certain (older) element on this forum who are anti young people. I defend the young, as I find them not the bad, miserable, ignorant, unintelligent lot these old wowsers make them out to be. I have confidence in tomorrows generation.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 23 August 2024 6:27:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

It is the responsibility of young and old the like, to stop this uncontrolled infestation of humans on this planet, which inevitably thwarts both the environment, including the other species, and the freedom of humans themselves.

While the young should refrain from procreation, the old should stop expecting and pressuring them to give them grandchildren and grand-grandchildren. One thing for sure, nobody should receive prizes and financial incentives for their irresponsibility.

If any of them, parents, grandparents, uncles, whatever, are found to encourage having children, overtly or covertly, then they should foot the bills for their health and education to the last cent they've got.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 23 August 2024 7:00:53 AM
I think one of the very very tactics left to us is to educate the Left to the point where they can see their own stupidity & fake righteousness.
To achieve that we need to rid our education system of the Leftist hierarchy & put people with some of the little common sense still found on the Right in those positions.
Youth crime is directly attributable to Leftist ideology which is heavily represented in the Justice system yet no attention is ever drawn to that.
I'm aware that stupidity is not indictable but rewarding it is simply going way too far ! Corporal punishment should be applied if compensation isn't offered to victims.
Do-gooders keep saying that jail isn't the answer. Show me one jail in Australia that has conditions below those experienced by many old age pensioners ? Jails have gyms, computers, kitchen, good food et etc. All the things that people who have worked all their lives can't afford.
Childcare should be in the home & family assistance rather than working mothers is the answer !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 23 August 2024 10:44:42 AM
"I think one of the very very tactics left to us is to educate the Left to the point where they can see their own stupidity & fake righteousness." Stalin gulags.

"To achieve that we need to rid our education system of the Leftist hierarchy & put people with some of the little common sense still found on the Right in those positions." Pol Pot re-education.

"I'm aware that stupidity is not indictable but rewarding it is simply going way too far ! Corporal punishment should be applied if compensation isn't offered to victims." Benito Mussolini black shirts

"Do-gooders keep saying that jail isn't the answer. Show me one jail in Australia that has conditions below those experienced by many old age pensioners ? Jails have gyms, computers, kitchen, good food et etc. All the things that people who have worked all their lives can't afford." Adolf Hitler Displaying Auschwitz to neutral observers.

SEE, Indy someone else has thought of these things before you.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 23 August 2024 2:31:52 PM
Paul1405,
You're going to upset your Public Service Union by so freely displaying to us how they shaped your & other members mentality ! Brainwashing does work with minds like that !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 23 August 2024 9:10:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy