The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hitler as the face of evil > Comments

Hitler as the face of evil : Comments

By Mamtimin Ala, published 21/6/2024

When Hannah Arendt observed Adolf Eichmann at a trial in Jerusalem in 1963, she was aghast at witnessing an average German individual, a bureaucrat, appearing so ordinary and speaking so persistently to defend his position.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Thanks mhaze for the information about The French Revolution (TFR) as being a revolution of the middle class.

Some say that LeBlanc's system of reusable parts was influential to the mass production of firearms and eventually mass production. Not sure if this affected TFR.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 4:48:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's just historically ignorant rubbish
mhaze,
Well, have you bothered to look into why these events eventuated in the first place ? I don't know about your perception of things but I can see parallels happening now with the Woke.
Something will need to give soon & it won't be pleasant if history is anything to go by.
Parasitism can only push so much !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 26 June 2024 7:37:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Well, have you bothered to look into why these events eventuated in the first place ?"

I've spent many a decade studying the Nazis and the history of origins of both world wars. Indeed I spent an entire year at university devoted almost solely to those issues.

It is truly said that history doesn't repeat but it does rhyme. I don't see any real parallels today to the events leading up to the onset of WW2. There might be some parallels to the pre-WW1 years with a rising power seeking to take what it considers to be its rightful place as first among nations. But even that's tenuous.

The most important lesson to be taken from the lead-up to WW2 is that appeasement never works. Munich 1938 is a lesson every student of international affairs needs to absorb. That is why the fate of Taiwan is so vital. If China is dissuaded there, then all should be good. But if China is able to coerce the world into abandoning the Taiwanese to its tender mercies, then all beats are off.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 26 June 2024 2:22:43 PM
diver dan,

"There is no doubt the Uyghurs are getting their just desserts"

So let me get your thinking straight...there's no genocide of Uighurs in Xinjiang AND the Uighurs deserve everything they get!! Okaaaay.

Just to be clear, I'm not taking sides here as to whether the Uighurs are a terrorist region. They might well be breakaway group within China and China can't afford to allow any of their subject races to breakaway. And some portion of the Uighurs might well be involved in what we'd consider terrorism.

Be that as it may, the original question you asked was for evidence of a genocide. I was simply answering that in the affirmative and have provided a small sample of that evidence.

You now seem to be saying, you think genocide is a legitimate response by the CCP, which is an entirely different question as to whether its occurring. Personally I don't accept that genocide is ever a legitimate response no matter the provocation.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 26 June 2024 2:33:16 PM
mhaze,
Do you really not see the elite & the Academic elite in particular becoming increasingly a burden on the working people ?
The half dozen or so beneficial scholars aren't making up for the hordes of unproductive & generally useless among their lower ranks. The French had a gutful & later the Germans did also & now it's the first World working class who are fed up with Tax after Tax & rising costs to support the non-productive elite.
Just look how quickly the housing problem developed here where even Public Servants can't afford to rent anymore. All because the unproductive are syphoning funds courtesy of unproductive bureaucracy. That is what leads to wars ! Parasitism is the cause !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 26 June 2024 5:05:08 PM
mhaze

There is confusion in your stand on genocide.

You earlier argued that Israel is hogging the international lime light, currently combating an existential threat from Islamic terrorists threatening genocide of the Jews.

Then you opine the ignorance shown internationally towards the Uyghurs and a perceived genocide of their race and culture by China. This is a left leaning view and worthy of criticism .

The Uyghurs are known to the Chinese as Islamic terrorists, and are being controlled ruthlessly in a Chinese fashion. That is not the same as the extermination of six million Jews by the German State 38-45.

You may feel all the sympathy you like, but the fact remains, the Uyghurs are no better or more worthy of sympathy than say Hamas or Hezbollah: they are classified as Islamic terrorists and are deserving of suppression. This is not genocide in the true sense. My point.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 26 June 2024 10:45:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy