The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hitler as the face of evil > Comments

Hitler as the face of evil : Comments

By Mamtimin Ala, published 21/6/2024

When Hannah Arendt observed Adolf Eichmann at a trial in Jerusalem in 1963, she was aghast at witnessing an average German individual, a bureaucrat, appearing so ordinary and speaking so persistently to defend his position.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
individual,

"Had they not acted in that way things could have ended with the invasion of Poland."

That's just historically ignorant rubbish. Even if they hadn't decided to abide by their treaty obligations with the Poles, Hitler would still have invaded eastern Europe, the Balkans and finally the USSR - ever read 'Mein Kampf'?

Indeed with no obstacles in Britain to his plans he probably would have done those things earlier than actually occurred.

Equally, the Anglo-French declaration of war had nothing to do with Italy's North African adventures and would not have stopped them, and would not have changed Japan's invasion of S-E Asian and Hawaii.

Taking one event out of a whole series of events and saying that's the sole cause is something that only someone not in the slightest versed in history could contemplate
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 12:48:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
diver dan,

All the links I showed were reporting eye-witness accounts, some from actual victims, some from people on the periphery of the genocide. Concentrating on who reported those eye-witness accounts doesn't make them wrong.

It simply reveals someone who has decided to reject all evidence they don't want to be true through spurious means. A fact doesn't cease to be a fact just because you don't like the politics of the people reporting the fact. But if you are determined to ignore all the evidence that you don't want to be true by any means at hand, then carry on as you are.

I know that there are any number of people out there who won't accept the evidence for the genocide unless Xi himself stands up and admits it - and even they they'd probably call it a deep fake.
BTW here are a couple of reports from the ABC on the same issue...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-20/chinese-authorities-change-uyghurs-village-names-/104001048
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-20/uyghur-muslims-australia-welcome-us-accusing-china-of-genocide/13072310

It'll be fun to see what excuse you use to disregard them.

It was exactly the same as regards the Holodomor and Stalin's Great Purge. Despite the overwhelming evidence for it, the communist apologists rejected it all based on the claim that ot was being reported by people hostile to Russia. Of course, it wasn't reported by people favourable to Russia because they were actively suppressing it. Even when the Russians themselves finally admitted it, that likewise was rejected.

So if you want to believe there's nothing nefarious going on in Xinjiang then clearly there's no evidence that you'll ever admit as valid. Be that as it may, don't kid yourself that you aren't being led down the garden path here or that what you're doing is anywhere near the search for the truth.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 1:10:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze

The ABC. That’s further insult mate!
I stopped taking anything the ABC says as credible years ago. I’m in front of the pack.

If any news organisations sprout antisemitism, click, off they go forever.

You’ve already decided who’s side your on. Click.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 1:22:03 PM
Canem Malum,

Every event has proximal and distant causes. The France of 1789 was a product of all that had gone before it and therefore the revolution was, to some degree a result of all that had preceded. There's little doubt that the Reformation and the Enlightenment were very influential as was the expansion of learning and the dissemination of ideas as a result of the printing revolution.

But it also ought to be born in mind that the French Revolution wasn't an uprising of the people but instead a revolution of the bourgeoise, of the middle classes if you like. It was concentrated in the major cities and almost entirely in Paris. The country-side was little involved and if anything, antagonistic to the revolt.

The middle class was a new phenomena in France (not so Britain) and fell through the cracks between the peasants and the aristocracy. They believed their true value to the society was being supressed by an avarice aristocracy that ignored the needs and ambitions of this new class.

As such the revolution was a much a product of the new mercantile class, the expansion of world trade and the expanding manufacturing processes that created the middle class.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 1:26:58 PM
diver dan,

Oh so you'll only accept information from sites that aren't antisemitic.

Well that does rather limit your perspective. Still....

"China continues to commit genocide with impunity in 2024 as the international community fails to take meaningful actions to hold it accountable."
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/yellen-must-demand-end-to-uyghur-genocide-during-beijing-visit/

or is Times of Israel also too antisemitic for your liking. Oh I'm sure you'll find some reason to reject it.

"You’ve already decided who’s side your on. Click."
That's true. I'm on the side of the evidence.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 1:34:10 PM
Mhaze

“Click” your back on for a minute.

I know whose side I’m on, and it’s definitely not the side of Islamic terrorists.

There is no doubt the Uyghurs are getting their just desserts as a Chinese home spun Islamic terrorist collective.
Interestingly, I don’t hear gutless Biden preaching on to the Chinese demanding a two State solution for the Uyghurs, do you?

Think it out mate. The uyghers are getting the same rewards as Palestinians that feel entitled to murder rape and execute their peaceful neighbours.

I hope for your own sake, one day you realise that making friends with excuses for people, capable as an ethnic group, of such brutal atrocities, is like befriending a fire ant!

Ain’t gunna work mate.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 25 June 2024 4:26:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy