The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why Israel should take its time to retaliate against Iran > Comments

Why Israel should take its time to retaliate against Iran : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 19/4/2024

Iran’s unprecedented aerial attack on Israel has upended the shadow war between the two countries and created new opportunities to contain Iran while creating a new regional alliance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Dear Critic,

«You said the other day there was none, and I'd already seen the footage.»

No, I estimated some 2-3 missiles. Apparently the number is 4, one of which hit a vacant space causing no damage. I also think that Israel first honestly believed that the northern road was hit by a ballistic missile and only later discovered that it was in fact a drone. This footage was also shown in Israeli media.

«Iron Dome can be easily overwhelmed by cheap Shahed drone decoys.
You won't have time to reload the launchers and won't be able to stop all the cruise missiles, ballistic missiles or hypersonics.»

Iron Dome is only designed for short range projectiles.
Israel has much more powerful ground and air solutions for the longer range ones, including hypersonics.

«Iran if it sent a barrage 10 times bigger, which I'm sure they have;
- Will wipe the Israeli military off the face of the earth.»

This is your estimate and I don't wish or have the time to argue.

I don't think it is that easy to kill off my family, but look, if you are correct, then Israel will not come off the stage quietly, but rather use its weapons of last resort as it dies, taking along the whole Middle-East and maybe even the whole world with it.

«And it's Israels own fault, you don't target embassies or consulates on foreign soil.
Israel works on deterrent superiority.»

That is Netanyahu's fault not Israel's.
More technically it was Yariv Levin who ordered the attack,
as he was appointed acting-prime-minister for a day while Netanyahu had a hernia surgery. We will probably never know whether Netanyahu gave him this instruction beforehand or whether it was Levin's private initiative. Levin is the architect of Israel's "judicial reform" intended to destroy its democracy so that the bloody Messianic Jews of the West Bank can do whatever they like without the courts stopping them. May both perish and rot in hell for eternity.

Either way the Iranian people benefit by taking down some chiefs of their Revolutionary-Guard tormentors.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 19 April 2024 12:43:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Yuyutsu,
I stated 'Will wipe the Israeli military off the face of the earth.'
* Emphasis - 'military' or 'military targets'

Take note that I did NOT say 'Will wipe ISRAEL off the face of the earth'.
- Nothing at all to imply 'your family' or 'civilian targets' if you misunderstood.

You know I don't support the killing of innocent civilians regardless of which side they're on.

"This is your estimate and I don't wish or have the time to argue."
- Well I'm not sure it would be a good thing for Israel to push it's luck and test the theory, but don't worry Russia and China will move to try and restrain Iran if Israel does try to escalate further, and Iran blocking the Strait of Hormuz is most certainly not in the US interests right now, (Biden doesn't want a fuel crisis in an election year - it will give the election straight to Trump) despite the opinions of a few crazy neoconservatives, like John Bolton.

Looks like there's reports about an hour ago Israel launched a retaliation for Iran retaliation...
Netanyahu really wants to provoke a wider conflict and drag the US in to save it.
Now what will Iran's response be?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 19 April 2024 2:25:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Critic,

«Take note that I did NOT say 'Will wipe ISRAEL off the face of the earth'.
- Nothing at all to imply 'your family' or 'civilian targets' if you misunderstood.»

No, you did not say it - it goes without saying...

Without the Israeli military, it would be a matter of minutes, hours at the most, before each and every Israeli man is tortured to death, each Israeli woman raped and then cut to pieces and each Israeli baby burned by Israel's "friendly" neighbours. My peace-loving family and friends are not going to be spared.

Besides, even the Israeli military is comprised mainly of conscripts, innocent sons and daughters of civilians, who had not say about being part of it.

«Looks like there's reports about an hour ago Israel launched a retaliation for Iran retaliation...»

Yes, and Australia already asked its citizens to leave Israel, and S&P lowered Israel's credit rating further from AA- to A+.

The attack itself was very minor and Israel already announced that it was only a signal to show Iran that Israel can attack it on its own soil (as if they didn't know it already).

«Netanyahu really wants to provoke a wider conflict and drag the US in to save it.»

Netanyahu's interest is to keep the war simmering forever, not to finish it so quickly and decisively.

Even for him, this attack was a foolish and uncontrollable ego-reflex.
But on second thought, he did it only to please Ben-Gvir, that's why he sent to Iran only a few ineffective drones and no real missiles.

But it seemed that didn't help Netanyahu: Ben-Gvir already rebuffed him saying the attack was just a nonsensical child's play, not anything he could accept. "Jump higher" he says, and Netanyahu is bound to jump, because Netanyahu is desperate like a fish in the net, feeling the gates of prison gradually closing on him.

«Now what will Iran's response be?»

Like Netanyahu, the Ayatollahs have to act, do anything, in an attempt to try to divert the Iranian people's hatred towards Israel instead of toward themselves.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 19 April 2024 4:05:10 PM
"Without the Israeli military, it would be a matter of minutes, hours at the most, before each and every Israeli man is tortured to death, each Israeli woman raped and then cut to pieces and each Israeli baby burned by Israel's 'friendly' neighbours. My peace-loving family and friends are not going to be spared."

Well, obviously I hope this doesn't happen;
But Israel is run by fanatics, and peace seems impossible.
I feel Israel needs an attitude adjustment or all out war might be inevitable, which will be felt everywhere if the oil stops flowing from the M/E.

No Israel's economic situation is not good.
With some 70,000 Israelis from northern Israel unable to return home and the state footing the bill I hear, as well as all the IDF called up from their normal employment (not doing what they were previously employed doing) and many taking injuries from the war and not being able to return;
And the Houthis efforts to block Israeli bound shipping causing supply problems and cost increases...

>>"Jump higher" he says, and Netanyahu is bound to jump, because Netanyahu is desperate like a fish in the net, feeling the gates of prison gradually closing on him.<<

I hope things do not escalate any further.
Seems Iran has mostly laughed off the attack, which itself seems like it was more over exaggerated face-saving propaganda than an actual serious attack.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 20 April 2024 12:03:57 PM
Dear Critic,

Your last comment is well balanced and I agree with everything you said there.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 20 April 2024 7:02:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy