The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Netanyahu is unfit to serve - he must resign now > Comments

Netanyahu is unfit to serve - he must resign now : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 12/4/2024

Since Hamas' savagery of 1,200 innocent Israelis on October 7, one thing became abundantly clear. Netanyahu, and no one else, indirectly precipitated Hamas' attack.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dozens of Iranian drones over Israel. The U.S is involved in shooting them down. I'll bet they wish they hadn't helped get rid of the Shah, and that the idiot Obama hadn't reversed Donald Trump's policy on Iran. Alas, there's not a ruling politician in the U.S and the rest of the West with the backbone to stand up to the thugs. The world is looking more like the pre-WW2 world looked like.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 14 April 2024 11:53:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Ttbn,

«The U.S is involved in shooting them down.»

And Britain too, but many thanks also to the Jordanian air-force which downed dozens of drones on their way to Israel.

Altogether, Iran launched 185 drones, 36 cruise missiles and and 110 "standard" land-land missiles. All drones and cruise missiles were downed, while some 2-3 of the standard missiles made it to Israel and caused some minor damage. A Bedouin Arab girl was severely wounded by shrapnel from an Israeli anti-missile missile.

Israel should have more respect for its true friends like Jordan.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 14 April 2024 2:24:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the wars would not have ended without Netanyahu, they would become much shorter.

Yuyutsu, Yuyutsu, Yuyutsu, tz,tz,tz !?
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 15 April 2024 10:03:18 AM
Nice post there Yuyutsu,
I told you all what was going to happen ages ago.
I told you Israel has lost the war.

"Hamas is not exterminated, in fact it is growing, gaining more support in the West Bank and the Arab countries, while at least 20% of American citizens support it, not to speak of Europe."
- Did I or did I not say it was a recruitment drive, on day 2?

Israel's stated goal was destroying Hamas.
It went into Gaza, it came out, Hamas remains.
Israeli didn't achieve it's goals.
It hasn't gotten the hostages back.
All Hamas had to do to win was survive.

"If you read the papers and comments in Israel, it is apparent that more and more Israelis, including from within Netanyahu's own party, realise that Israel is being defeated in this war."
- It took a while, but was bound to happen;
and hatred will turn inwards on it's host.

"Hamas strategically sacrificed Gaza on day 1 of this war, including its own fighters: it cares not if Gaza no longer exists and all Gazans dead, in fact it planned for just that."
- You could make that argument, I think it has some validity;
except that I would emphasise that Hamas did not kill it's own people, Israel killed them.
Hamas needed a plan that would change the status quo, and it achieved that, at significant cost.
They're Muslims after all, they'll martyr themselves if necessary.
Do you think they were just going to take the degrading treatment of the Israelis forever?
October 7 was a military raid on Israeli military facilities.

"The people of Israel are despaired, traumatised and downcast.
Even the killing of more Hamas militants in Gaza can no longer elevate their mood, it's all for naught, and most hostages are already dead."
- Reap what you sow.

"Israel won the battle on Gaza - and lost the war"
"Israel is being hated around the world"
- As I predicted last October.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 15 April 2024 2:42:17 PM
"Dozens of Iranian drones over Israel. The U.S is involved in shooting them down. I'll bet they wish they hadn't helped get rid of the Shah, and that the idiot Obama hadn't reversed Donald Trump's policy on Iran."

It was an organised response.
Israel targeted Iranian diplomats inside the Iranian consulate in Syria about a week ago.
You don't target embassies or consulates.
Iran decided they were going to punch back, and showcase their ability to strike Israel if they want to, and the US couldn't persuade them not to.
Iran said if the US intervenes in their response to the Israeli aggression against their consulate in Syria, that they will strike US bases in the region.
So the US went into damage control;
Because the Biden administration can't afford a regional conflict involving Iran right now, as much as they would like to attack Iran.

The problem is, with the risk that oil stops flowing out of the region, even conflict itself will invite speculators.
If the price of fuel goes up in the US, Biden will be handing Trump the election.

And if there is a conflict in the Middle East;
Russia will be the only oil and gas show in town.
They will make billions.

The attack was staged, the Israelis were given advance warning.
It allowed the Iranians a chance to respond, and save face.
The US has urged Israel not to respond.

"Altogether, Iran launched 185 drones, 36 cruise missiles and and 110 'standard' land-land missiles. All drones and cruise missiles were downed, while some 2-3 of the standard missiles made it to Israel and caused some minor damage."
- Not sure that's true Yuyutsu.

I've seen footage of what is supposed to be ballistic missiles hitting Nevatim air base where F-35's are stationed (apparently 5 missile hits including the runway and a c-130), and Iran says it also targeted the Israeli intelligence HQ on Mount Hermon, which was involved in the attack on the Iranian consulate in Damascus.
US officials have also apparently stated 4 ballistic missiles hit Ramon airbase.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 15 April 2024 3:15:08 PM
"Israel is being hated around the world"
Armchair Critic,
Yep, there are many who share your mentality !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 16 April 2024 11:35:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy