The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > UN, PLO & Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine bury South Africa at ICJ > Comments

UN, PLO & Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine bury South Africa at ICJ : Comments

By David Singer, published 19/1/2024

South Africa must substantiate that the

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Stop trying to defend the murder of women and kids you disgusting piece of human trash.
- Israel is an apartheid terrorist state engaged in genocide and the whole world knows it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 19 January 2024 9:49:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No Palestine. No Palestinians. Just wandering Arabs.

South Africa is displaying the ignorance that has wrecked the country since white South Africans were driven out and, in some cases, murdered on their farms, which are now useless.

The RSA is not the sort of country that anyone would take notice of - except for the corrupt UN, of course. Maybe.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 January 2024 9:59:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I disagree, David. And believe South Africa, unlike Israel, has no vested interest in area, is on the money. Has very diplomatically made an excellent case which Israel and (Ground hog day) David Singer must adhere to. Or be conceded a rogue nation outside of the international rule of law. And a demented old reprobate!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 19 January 2024 10:42:34 AM
A.C. Hear, hear and well said Sir. Let's call a spade a spade and not allow ancient personal history to affect a moral and fair-minded response.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 19 January 2024 10:47:33 AM
David Singer fights from his air-conditioned office.
Go pick up a gun you coward and murder the Palestinians women and kids yourself, if you have any balls.
Hamas will help to facilitate your life's real purpose, scumbag.

And Alan B,
If you thought that earlier comment was a cracker, then you should look at what I wrote on the other main forum threads about this topic.

Here:

Futile and dangerous: bombing Yemen in the name of shipping
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=22806

And Here:

Why the two-state solution is the only viable option to the exclusion of any other
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=22801

I don't care about being called an Anti-Semite, this is the price of criticising Israels genocidal, apartheid policies, and I'm certainly not going to give Israel my silent consent when it comes to 'crimes against humanity', so being called names, for me, was always inevitable.

And I'm certainly not going to support Israels 'right to exist or defend itself' if that means supporting apartheid, ethnic cleansing, assassinations, executions, imprisonment without charge, torture, destruction of homes and dignity, and land theft.

David Singer can kiss my Anti-Semitic backside for all I care.
I'll wear that name as a badge of honour, the price of defending the innocent.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 19 January 2024 11:31:36 AM
Dear Critic,

«you disgusting piece of human trash.»
«David Singer fights from his air-conditioned office.»

That which is not a human cannot be human trash.
That bot which calls itself "David Singer" is cooled by the fan on the power-supply box of its hosting computer.

«And I'm certainly not going to support Israels 'right to exist or defend itself' if that means supporting apartheid, ethnic cleansing, assassinations, executions, imprisonment without charge, torture, destruction of homes and dignity, and land theft.»

Neither would I - but that is not what it means.
Supporting Israel's right to exist for me, simply means that my family can live peacefully in their own homes.

Supporting Israel does not mean supporting every stupid policy of its government.
Supporting Israel and supporting the regime which temporarily hijacked it, are two quite different things.
I support, for example, China's right to exist - that doesn't mean I support its brutal communist regime, its colonialism and the Uyghur holocaust.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 19 January 2024 1:14:31 PM
David Singer has made a quite specific objection to the South African allegation that Israel is engaged in genocide in Gaza. He argues that the International Court of Justice has no jurisdiction to consider the allegation because the operations of the IDF, whatever their object, are not directed against the whole or a part of a 'national, ethnical, racial or religions group, as such'. This is a requirement for jurisdiction, under Article II of the Genocide Convention. It seems a dubious argument and it does not seem to have played a significant role in the Israeli response to the South African allegation.
However, let's put to one side the question whether Singer's argument is sustainable. My concern, as a consistent reader of Online Opinion, is the steady deterioration of the Readers Comment section. This is a particularly egregious instance of that deterioration. None of the respondents to Singer has made any attempt to address his argument. Most have resorted to personal abuse. There's nothing unusual about this. The Comments section is consistently disfigured by the same correspondents ventilating their familiar prejudices frequently, as in this case, expressed in an abusive terms that go well beyond any justifiable argumentative or rhetorical purpose.
May I suggest to the Editor of Online Opinion that the time has come to require correspondents to modify their transports. There is no reason why correspondents who wish to comment should not be subject to the same minimal standards of argumentative relevance and form as contributors who write for the online journal.
Posted by Olivera, Friday, 19 January 2024 3:25:26 PM
Dear Olivera,

«There is no reason why correspondents who wish to comment should not be subject to the same minimal standards of argumentative relevance and form as contributors who write for the online journal.»

I am not aware of any such journal and if such exists then it has nothing to do with this particular forum, on which I have been a member for some 19 years and have no other place to freely express my views online.

Our discussions here were never meant to be informative or even truthful, and nothing in the forum's rules states that they need to be. In fact, the disclaimer for this forum states:

"This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following: your reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the site or its content (including third party material and advertisements on this site), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us. This site is designed for general interest only. It is not advice and you should not rely on it."
- http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/display.asp?page=legal

So please consider this place as a very private club with its own uncommon rules, then it is completely up to you whether to take it or leave it.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 19 January 2024 3:57:08 PM
Hi Olivera,
I don't think it does any justice at all to even entertain Davids arguments.
- Not in this instance anyway.

This is how David Singer plays, he's always trying to get a win on an obscure technicality.

"None of the respondents to Singer has made any attempt to address his argument."

Basically he's saying 'It's not a genocide, because they are not 'a' people'.
His argument tries to whitewash the real fact that regardless of whether they are 'a' people, they are still people.
I resent this argument.

Sometimes the best response to certain arguments is to not get into the argument in the first place, it's better to simply write it off and ridicule the suggestion.

I'm sitting here watching videos of Palestinian doctors doing amputations on kids without anesthetic, for no seemingly good reason at all Israel withholds medicine, and people wish to argue the merits of whether or not Palestinian people actually constitute 'a people'.

Why should I not ridicule the suggestion?
How would you like to cut off your own 16 year old daughters foot without anesthetic?
Have people tell you she deserves to die for being born Palestinian, and that she is sub-human.
Have people sitting around doing nothing complaining about 'correct forum etiquette', while kids are starving to death, the ones that weren't already bombed.

I'm sorry that I've not argued David's issue on it's own merits and that you feel I've brought the comment section into disrepute, but I think to even attempt to do so diminishes and minimises the real suffering that is continuing, and that is every 10 minutes, another kid dies.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I am trying to not be so opinionated, but it's not easy when these are the arguments presented.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 19 January 2024 8:01:34 PM
Yuyutsu

Well said. Olivera is a bit cheeky for a first timer, telling Graham what he should be doing, and turning his nose up at us veterans.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 January 2024 10:01:58 PM
Accusing Israel of Genocide has nothing to do with the truth and everything to do with a kleptocratic South African ANC party that has stolen everything that was not nailed down struggling for relevance. That anyone would take this bunch of thieves seriously is a joke.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 24 January 2024 7:46:59 AM
#Olivera

You hit the nail on the head when you state: "None of the respondents to Singer has made any attempt to address his argument. Most have resorted to personal abuse"

That is the standard reaction my articles receive at the hands of a few vile anonymous Jew haters - whose only interest is shooting the messenger and ignoring the message.

Take Armchair Critic who stated to you:
"Basically he's saying 'It's not a genocide, because they are not 'a' people'.
His argument tries to whitewash the real fact that regardless of whether they are 'a' people, they are still people.
I resent this argument."

Resent it at his leisure.

The Genocide Convention clearly states in article II:
"In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group ..."

That remains the first hurdle South Africa has to jump over if it is to win its case. There are many other hurdles facing South Africa to get over the winning line.
Posted by david singer, Monday, 12 February 2024 4:11:30 PM
David,

Armchair critic is a Fanboy of Putin who is clearly genocidal and kisses Xi's backside deliberately ignorant of their murderous and genocidal actions and intent.

I guess that someone dropped him on his head as a child.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 15 February 2024 4:52:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy