The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What gains has the freedom movement made politically in 2022? > Comments

What gains has the freedom movement made politically in 2022? : Comments

By Michael Viljoen, published 9/1/2023

Even without an exact figure, it's hard to doubt that this was the largest ever single political gathering in Australia, larger than the Vietnam moratorium protests of May 1970.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Dear Dan S de Merengue,

We seem to be talking about two different things.

You are discussing the quality of specific laws, how to tell whether they are good or bad and what can be done about the bad ones.

Fair enough, but what I said is that all laws (good or bad) made by States as they presently stand, are invalid, have no moral basis, thus nobody is morally obliged to follow them. You (and me too) may still like them (or at least some of them), you may still find them beneficial and convenient, you may still want to follow them anyway, but nothing obliges you to do so.

This apparently distinguishes my views from the views of this "‘freedom’ movement" which accepts in principle the validity and authority of States, only wishing to correct this or that set of laws which seem to be unjust or inconvenient.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 14 January 2023 10:42:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy