The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What gains has the freedom movement made politically in 2022? > Comments

What gains has the freedom movement made politically in 2022? : Comments

By Michael Viljoen, published 9/1/2023

Even without an exact figure, it's hard to doubt that this was the largest ever single political gathering in Australia, larger than the Vietnam moratorium protests of May 1970.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Everyone has been "betrayed by both major political parties", but not badly enough, apparently, for them to do something about it. Most voters at the last election who shunned the Coalition gave their preferences to Labor. There are three perfectly respectable and democratic minor parties to vote for - One Nation, Liberal Democrats, and United Australia Party. But no. Australians don't have the guts to give them a go; they are afraid of being called names by the Lunatic Left.

There should be no sympathy for Australians: they get the governments they deserve every three years.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 January 2023 8:51:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"One Nation, Liberal Democrats, and United Australia Party. But no. Australians don't have the guts to give them a go; they are afraid of being called names by the Lunatic Left."

"There should be no sympathy for Australians: they get the governments they deserve every three years"

Indeed, but then I vote Green and have for 20 years.

The issue I have is we don't really have a left, lunatic or otherwise, so the fascist parties are labeled that by anyone left of them which is about 80% of Australia. (Fascist as in blame some minority or other for their own failing and want them persecuted somehow; an example, targeting Asians was in favor with Pauline at one time, now people that want a livable environment are targeted)

The Greens are what I'd call slightly left of center, they are about the only party occupying left of center, so it's slim pickings but my hope is a an left party will arise if people start to move Green and we can shift the Overton Window to allow true debate, though I am not seeing much indication of that (I am 58)
Posted by Valley Guy, Monday, 9 January 2023 9:59:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The freedom movement? Freedom from what? Democracy, public health orders? Don't like it here or complying with public health orders during a killer pandemic? Then feel free to go anywhere else on earth where your lunacy is shared!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 9 January 2023 10:35:49 AM
What I saw on February 20, 2021 were hundreds, not
thousands, of protesters who marched to the Shrine
of Rememberance in Melbourne and ended up being corralled
by police at Fawkner Park where dozens were arrested.

These people appeared like brainwahsed extremists calling
themselves "sovereign citizens," willing to launch
government take-overs - violent or otherwise. They were
hurling abuse at police on the front lines. Total nutters
who'd succumbed to misinformation and conspiracy theories.

The same nutters who set fire to our pld Parliament House
in Canberra in December. Amid their calls to end the
vaccine mandates were calls for MPs to be hanged.

A "freedom" movement?

Hardly.

And gaining momentum in this country?

Hardly.

They desperately should be given mental help. They
desperately need it. And most Australians would not support
anything as radical as these unfortunate people. I feel
sorry for our police officers in the front-line who have
to deal with these people. Jail them for their own protection
until they can recover and come back into the real world in
which most of us reside.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 January 2023 10:40:17 AM
What Foxy says. And mostly disagree with a green valley guy, but, would give my life to defend his right to say it/hold such political opinion.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 9 January 2023 10:56:55 AM
There’d only be one more corrupt rung on the ladder lower than a politician, that’d be an outboard motor agent.

Don’t vote.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 9 January 2023 1:05:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy