The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rationalists hack into Australia's 'no religion' in census data > Comments

Rationalists hack into Australia's 'no religion' in census data : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 4/7/2022

The demise of religion could be a step in the right direction if it related to worship of the true God. We need to make it clear what will replace this breakdown of religion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Indy,

<<unlike stupid, greedy Christians !>>

You have used an Ad Hominem (Abusive) logical fallacy, which is erroneous reasoning. We cannot have a rational conversation when you use this illogical approach.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 4 July 2022 5:23:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
which is erroneous reasoning
OzSpen,
Is it really ? From my perspective I see Muslims sticking to their doctrine even if they hate each other. Christians on the other hand forsake their faith mainly through selfishness & selfishness orientated indoctrination. Muslims are building their numbers whilst silly Christians don't.
When you consider that Western countries which are largely Christian based, are reducing their numbers of Christians then think about 30 years or less ahead where western fixation with Democracy will be ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 4 July 2022 6:41:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spencer Gear writes: "We need to make it clear what will replace this breakdown of religion."

The increasing displacement of religion is not a problem for which "we" must find a replacement. "Physician heal thyself", or more simply put: "correct the faults in yourself before attempting to correct them in others." There are copious free and penetrating treatments within psychology before launching into the free and penetrating lessons in science. Herein is found the true grandeur and beauty of existence. We will discover its source soon enough and our curiosity grows keener with the pursuit.

"'Census results mean religions should stop getting special treatment.' Why should minority groups refuse to receive special treatment?"

I'm surprised you bothered with twisting these statistics. If a car kills a pedestrian should all cars be banned? Not all minority groups are equal and nor are they all more or less deserving or undeserving. Nor would minority groups refuse public funds or other special treatment, but they may be deprived of those benefits against their wishes if they discriminate against whom they treat or deal with. What prompted your oblique wording re refusal unless it was to explain away religious discrimination?

Monday 4 July 2022
Posted by Pogi, Monday, 4 July 2022 11:51:16 PM
Ozspen, it has been years since I spent any time at all in this kind of discussion. I used to be a very evangelical athiest, but have grown to be completely fine with people doing what people do.

Contradictions in the bible - here is a lifetimes entertainment for you. http://www.lyingforjesus.org/Bible-Contradictions/
Posted by Anthony Bishop, Tuesday, 5 July 2022 7:49:07 AM
grown to be completely fine with people doing what people do.
Anthony Bishop,
Generally, that's my philosophy too but, yes the old but, when people do as they please which then adversely affects others then my philosophy does an instant 180. In my time as a victim of crime i found to my own surprise that I'm less upset with the perpetrators than with the sickening mentality of people in authority. There are times when the people in authority literally present more criminal tendencies than some of the perpetrators before them. Many of them cowering behind religion.
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 5 July 2022 8:28:43 AM
Anthony,

<<Contradictions in the bible - here is a lifetimes entertainment for you. http://www.lyingforjesus.org/Bible-Contradictions/>>

They have been answered many times over in the reference books I provided in a previous post. Old Testament scholar, Dr. Gleason L. Archer Jr., wrote in The Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties: "As I have dealt with one apparent discrepancy after another and have studied the alleged contradictions between the biblical record and the evidence of linguistics, archaeology, or science, my confidence in the trustworthiness of Scripture has been repeatedly verified and strengthened by the discovery that almost every problem in Scripture that has ever been discovered by man, from ancient times until now, has been dealt with in a completely satisfactory manner by the biblical text itself-or else by archaeological information" (p. 12).

I'm confident the alleged "lying for Jesus" quotes in your link can be satisfactorily resolved. A secular source, The Huffington Post, in an article in 2018, "2,500 Year Old Jewish Tablets Discovered in Iraq," concluded: "This discovery is a remarkable confirmation of the historical reliability of the Biblical text," https://www.huffingtonpost.com/simcha-jacobovici/2500-year-old-jewish-tabl_b_6579996.html.
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 5 July 2022 4:56:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy