The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How do we curb the lust for power? > Comments

How do we curb the lust for power? : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 29/4/2022

Vladimir Putin's excursion into the Ukraine is just the latest chapter in man's quest for domination over man.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
I'm afraid there is only one solution to this incurable insanity And that is a little lead pill delivered at very high velocity between the peepers, the sooner the better. Scotch one life to save millions! And therefore completely justified! And lets not forget the economic and environmental costs of not acting as rational human beings! least we forget!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 29 April 2022 9:54:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, your comment on China in relation to Australia rings true and begs the question? Why don't we voters question our intending representatives on their yes or no attitude on nuclear arms for Australia and elect those with the wit to understand we need them for the deterrent factor they pose on all would be conquerors/those who lust for power and domination/mad dictators.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 29 April 2022 10:05:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan, the Ukraine should never surrender because that would never ever stop this madman from going on and on seeking more and more territory; Least we forget!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 29 April 2022 10:08:14 AM
Putin has again warned against any interference from the West, saying that he will retaliate with "all the tools for this that no one else can boast of having”.

A bit more serious than some old fool banging on about 'shoulds' and 'shouldnots.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 April 2022 10:15:41 AM
Alan B

Australians don't appear to think that they have any rights in the politics of their country except to put numbers on a voting card. I have sent off a couple of emails so far in response to the the usual insipid pleas to vote for a candidate. They WILL go into the system; and even though they might have no effect, I can look myself in the shaving mirror every morning and know I tried.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 April 2022 10:23:32 AM
Alan B

Rubbish. Ukraine should surrender. It’s already a lost cause and not worth a cup full of cold *bleep*.wasting money on its politically corrupt.
Russia has every right to expect political obedience from its border states.
We see in our own back yard, the bracket creep of China encroachment, facilitated without penalty, by our friendly (sic) neighbours.
Maybe we should follow Putins example.

I’m disgusted as usual with the Australian politic which to our knowledge, has sunk eighty million dollars into a criminal enterprise that is of primary importance to Bidens criminal son, and as yet only suspected, Biden himself.
What a disgrace!

The list of benefits eighty million dollars would make to our own communities, who are crying out for legitimate help and government support is now eighty million dollars further away from reality.

The above is not the end of negative contributions Ukrainian intransigence has cost Australians.
Need I mention unaffordable and scarce housing imposed upon from a pool of over a million Ukrainians looking for what we don’t have to spare.

Yes, Ukraine belongs to Russia and should toe the line, we have enough problems of our own!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 29 April 2022 1:13:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy