The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ukraine’s disposable men: exposing the latest feminist hypocrisy > Comments

Ukraine’s disposable men: exposing the latest feminist hypocrisy : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 18/3/2022

How come the life of this young father is considered expendable whilst most fit, capable Ukrainian women are being hastily shipped off, out of harm's way?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Ukraine is noted for its non-acceptance of immorality through a National attachment to the Orthodox Church.
Ukrainian women conform to a traditional role which is refreshing.
In the most part, they are practicing Christians who realise the historic position of the role of women in society.

Australians were similarly focused in the past. Interesting that is!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 18 March 2022 9:16:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ukraine is culturally different and has more traditional family relationships. Where male/female roles follow more traditional role models.

It's not for us to say that's wrong, given the way our society has emasculated men. For mine and speaking as a mere male, I prefer the traditional roles in male female relationships.

As the son of a single (very strong) mum that does not make me a wife beater nor less valuing the female opinion or able to consult on all decisions that affect the family or family finances or equality.

That said, I disagree with the Author's view/opinion on the Ukraine.

Rather than heap critigue, our role needs to be as supportive as possible! And just keep our less than helpful opinions to ourselves! This is not the time for that C.R.A.P.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 18 March 2022 10:12:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good point about culture and tradition, Dan and Alan, although I agreed with Ms. Arndt in a mini review of her article in The Forum; again today, I have expressed my opinion in the The Forum that women are not suited to politics or military duties, among a few other activities, some of them want to have a go at. However, I am not sure that young Ukraine women are much different from Western ones these days, and hypocrisy is hypocrisy anywhere.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 18 March 2022 11:23:43 AM
As far as I know women who can are fighting in the Ukraine.
as for women's traditional roles? These days they are more
flexible. There are women in the armed forces, in politics,
in police forces, as tradies, in mining, and so on. The
same as there are men - ballet dancers, nurses, chefs,
sex workers, and house husbands staying at hoime looking
after the kids, and cleaning. The macho John Wayne male
image is so yesterday.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 18 March 2022 11:39:52 AM
While the war was just a rumour, there were one or two middle-aged women in fatigues, waving weapons around and talking tough, even though the weapons had that plastic look of replicas. At the time, I could not believe that civilians would be issued with spotless, new-looking weapons.

Since the balloon went up, all the women have been seen heading for the trains, men being the only people under arms . I think the ladies might have been actors like their president, whom I believe was a comedian in real life.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 18 March 2022 12:58:58 PM
The real crime here, as apparently pointed out by an unnamed Newcastle law professor, is banning men from leaving Ukraine and in effect conscripting them to fight.

All people who wished to leave, both men and women, should have been allowed to. Many Ukrainians are ethnic Russians and would not have wanted to kill Russian soldiers. Many of them would understand the reason behind Putin's actions and would be more than happy to see the rightwing extremists infesting their country being rooted out. I doubt they'd be sorry either to see the ubiquitous military infrastructure and weaponry paid for by the US and NATO being reduced to rubble.

Zelenskyy had no right to force these men, or anyone else for that matter, into becoming killers. This is a crime that has attracted little attention in Western media and as such has been condoned.
Posted by Bronwyn, Friday, 18 March 2022 1:58:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy