The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How do I vote for the ‘Barty Party’? > Comments

How do I vote for the ‘Barty Party’? : Comments

By Graham Young, published 4/2/2022

In the contrasts between Ash Barty and Nick Kyrgios we see a little of the divisions that rend modern Australian life.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yes, Barty is great, but Kyrgios is a waste of talent because of his attitude.

And look at the way Nadal and Federer conduct themselves. Never any sooking from them.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 4 February 2022 8:21:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I regard people who play useless games for money as parasites, whose only use is to entertain a spectator class, unable to, or unwilling to, amuse themselves.

Most of these "athletes" are arrogant spoiled brats. Barty is neither of these things, but neither are Nadal and Federer.

Barty and other sporting "heroes" are just substitute suck blankets for a jaded public in a jaded culture trying to avoid reality.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 4 February 2022 8:33:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On the money Graham. I have nothing but the most profound admiration for this Lady!

Here is a very public figure that very few would dare critigue! I hold her as our finest role model Australia has produced and she plays tennis like a superstar!

Ash Barty for our next G.G. Once she has concluded her sporting career!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 4 February 2022 9:22:48 AM
I don’t vote…

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 4 February 2022 10:07:04 AM
ttbn. Maybe? but what if that reality is being confined by injury or illness to a wheelchair and as the only resident in a very lonely house!

Wanna swap? You take my reality and I yours?

I suggest you wouldn't last five weeks, before you took the easy way out? And sobbing like a baby as you did so?

Try walking a mile or two in the other bloke's shoes before you fire off your next load of verbal vomit.

Without bias.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 4 February 2022 10:18:21 AM
Graham
Does Barty subscribe to the extreme divisive anti-Australian values attributed to her by Teela Reid( a lawyer and Wiradjuri/Wailwan woman).in The Age?
“The Ngarigo woman, world No. 1 female tennis player and now 2022 Australian Open champion, epitomises just how deadly and formidable First Nations women are. ….
There is no force equal to a First Nations’ woman standing in her power. Barty has written herself into the history books and just like Cathy and Evonne, who are proud black women, has shaped the trajectory of our nation. A historic moment for us all, but most importantly for all other young First Nations people, who Ash has so fiercely and proudly represented….
Ash is a warrior woman leaving a legacy that will unify us, so we can celebrate what it means to be Australian living on First Nations land…
Barty,s coach is Craig Tyzzer.
Posted by Leslie, Friday, 4 February 2022 12:19:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy